Ardent Leisure & The i-Ride (Warning: Contains Artist Impression Of Dreamworld's i-Ride)

Jamberoo Fan

Ardent Leisure & The i-Ride  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the artist impression of Dreamworld's i-Ride?

• Main Street is going to look heaps better!!
    • It's ok.
    • Neutral
    • Not good
    • What have they done to Main Street?!
  2. 2. Do you think it is good for Dreamworld that Ardent Leisure is going to open i-Rides around Australia and New Zealand?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How would opening i-Rides around Australia and New Zealand affect your future attendance at Dreamworld?

• I am more likely to visit Dreamworld
    • I am just as likely to visit Dreamworld.
    • I am less likely to visit Dreamworld.

An artistâs impression of Dreamworldâs upcoming Flying Theatre attraction.

Need I say more?

This artist impression of Dreamworld's i-Ride came from an article in The Courier-Mail, which also mentions "a multimillion-dollar adventure river ride is also being planned for Dreamworld’s sister park WhiteWater World".

Also, back in early June, Ardent Leisure & Brogent Technologies made a press conference at the IAAPA Asian Attractions Expo. It was reported in IAAPA's Funworld Magazine:

At a media conference on the trade show floor, Brogent Technologies and Ardent Leisure announced a partnership to develop stand-alone flying theaters across Australia and New Zealand.

That's right: i-Ride isn't just for Dreamworld.

The expansion will include cities such as Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland. Their flying theatres are targeted towards international tourists and essentially is the same experience you will get at DW. This information comes from the quote below which is based off a Google Translate translation of a Chinese article:

Australia's parent company, Dreamworld's Ardent Leisure Group (Ardent Travel Group), also announced with the company on the 6th, Australia time, the future will work together in the New Zealand and Australia regions, in some well-known tourist cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland In other places, the Standalone Attraction will be built to allow more travelers from all over the world to see the sights of New Zealand and Australia in an unprecedented flight experience.

It was also reported by Parkworld Online on June 26, which also mentioned former DW CEO, Craig Davidson, was in attendance at that IAAPA Asian Attractions Expo press conference:

Southern hemisphere’s first flying theatre opening in December

Southern-hemisphere%E2%80%99s-first-flying-theatre-opening-in-December.jpg
Brogent Group’s CEO, C.H. Ouyang, and Dreamworld Australia CEO, Craig Davidson, announced during a press conference at the IAAPA Asian Attractions Expo in Hong Kong more details on the opening of the southern hemisphere’s first flying theatre scheduled to open at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast, Australia in late December 2018.

The team started about a year ago to film the rich landscapes of Australia. And even more: They have created a new concept that combines the landscapes with action packed excitement.

Brogent and Ardent Leisure, the parent company of Dreamworld, also officially announced a partnership for standalone flying theatre development in Australian & New Zealand regions to bring the popular flying theatre experience to even more people in the southern hemisphere.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 2

That definitely isn't what I was expecting for the facade to look like, but I do like it. Very modern, will bring new life to the parks entry and will for sure stand out and attract people towards it. Hopefully they do pull it off though and doesnt look half assed.

While it does have a shopping centre feel, it could also be seen as an airport styled building, which could be the look they were going for. Some marketing has said 'a new attraction taking off in 2018'. So it is fitting.

But I would like this to just stay at the park, so its a unique attraction, not something people can go anywhere else for.

And the adventure river ride for WWW, could literally be a lazy river, but a more fast paced and feature rapids. Which I think would be a great addition to the park.

Edited by themagician

Hopefully, this means main street will receive an upgrade to fit in with the flying theatre design!

And not sure if mentioned....The large gravel storage area at the back of www has mostly been cleared, with a large white wall (Almost Confirms attraction(s) will be implemented very soon). The wall follows the RED line here: 

WWW.PNG

• Like 2

@Tim Dasco definitely not, it is probably just the media doing their usual thing of saying something but meaning something else 

@Ben H can you roughly say when this wall was installed? I just checked satellite imagery from August 1, and it wasn’t in place yet

I did notice that a couple weeks ago, a lot of the stuff in graveyard had been moved the northern area, when it was just spread across it.

Edited by themagician

17 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Tim Dasco definitely not, it is probably just the media doing their usual thing of saying something but meaning something else 

@Ben H can you roughly say when this wall was installed? I just checked satellite imagery from August 1, and it wasn’t in place yet

I did notice that a couple weeks ago, a lot of the stuff in graveyard had been moved the northern area, when it was just spread across it.

It is the same wall as out front of the flying theatre but without a wrap over it, and I saw it for the first time yesterday.

• Like 1

The building definitely is out of place for Main Street, but it actually looks pretty good standing out on its own despite it screaming Westfield to me. It will look very strange when the park has the Disneyland-style gift shop buildings, Dough Bros and the main entrance, but next to all of those is a futuristic building that looks like something that would be built in Darling Harbour.

Also, I wonder what the 'multimillion dollar adventure river ride' will entail exactly. The word 'river' makes me want to believe WWW is getting a lazy river but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Although there is plenty of spare land that DW have to work with. 

12 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

The building definitely is out of place for Main Street, but it actually looks pretty good standing out on its own despite it screaming Westfield to me. It will look very strange when the park has the Disneyland-style gift shop buildings, Dough Bros and the main entrance, but next to all of those is a futuristic building that looks like something that would be built in Darling Harbour.

Also, I wonder what the 'multimillion dollar adventure river ride' will entail exactly. The word 'river' makes me want to believe WWW is getting a lazy river but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Although there is plenty of spare land that DW have to work with. 

Sounds like an adventure river rather than a lazy one, which makes perfect sense considering Wet & Wild has a lazy river. I'm looking forward to it. 

Considering the rest of WWW is pretty much unthemed, I wouldn't be expecting much more than some nice landscaping. My bet is for a lazy river, similar to the WnW one.

The i-ride facade looks pretty uninspired but I must say it was a surprise to learn that DW's Accounting Department are also now in charge of Attraction design!

2 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Considering the rest of WWW is pretty much unthemed, I wouldn't be expecting much more than some nice landscaping. My bet is for a lazy river, similar to the WnW one.

The i-ride facade looks pretty uninspired but I must say it was a surprise to learn that DW's Accounting Department are also now in charge of Attraction design!

A matter of personal opinion I suppose. Looks inspired by airport design to me. 

Gonna buck the trend and say I think it will look impressive to see that facade as soon as you walk in the park. Kids/teens and tourists give little many shits about a historical facade with cues to Disney when it looked uninspiring with age and the rest of the park look about as close to Disney as a backyard collectors junkyard. Think this has WOW factor.  

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Gonna buck the trend and say I think it will look impressive to see that facade as soon as you walk in the park. Kids/teens and tourists give little many shits about a historical facade with cues to Disney when in looked uninspiring with age and the rest of the park look about as close to Disney as a backyard collectors junkyard. Think this has WOW factor.  

Actually I'm inclined to agree. Just unsure how it will integrate with the surrounding structures. Would be really good if Dreamworld would give us some info on this. That way we could get excited about the changes rather than worried about how they're wrecking the parks history!

In regards to Main Street, we do already have the LEGO Store facade, which doesn’t match the original style of the park. But being tucked away in the corner it doesn’t stand out as much as this will. Which is probably what DW want. They want this Aus first to stand out and be something everyone wants to ride 

A futuristic designed facade contrasting with historic facade designs to me would be highly effective to make the ride stand out. Despite it not looking like everything else, it would contrast well and I applaud DW for this design choice.

At the end of the day, this design could be much worse and doesn't appear to follow typical DW thinking.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Looking at the left of that image, how do you transition that into Goldrush? Is this an indicator of a re-theme of Goldrush/Blue Lagoon?

We were told at least 2 years ago they were going to re-theme Gold Rush, so yes.

Nothing lost really as there's almost nothing left of Gold Rush anyway.

Still no real indication of what the new theme will be though (unless the whole area is themed around the "i-ride")

Edited by pushbutton

The adventure river sounds like what Ardent originally had planned for WWW phase 2 all those years ago, but never went ahead with. It was an adventure lazy river. Makes sense as the park always needed a lazy river. The original phase 2 plans included a new slide tower too in the gravel area, so hopefully they go ahead with that aspect.

I’m really concerned about the modern facade for the I-ride. It just feels like once again Ardent might be forgetting DW is a THEME park.

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 4

On 27/12/2017 at 10:28 PM, Tim Dasco said:

I thought considering this has been semi announced we can make it its own thread. I am personally hoping for something along the lines of the proposed stage 2 for WWW with maybe some different slides on the tower. Will be intresting to see what they end up building.

IMG_7713.thumb.PNG.2dbba2617e609e630e62d9e33474e6cb.PNG

Found this from way back. The map would be pretty accurate because there has also been major land clearing beside the Kevil hill building. However the blue slide could potentially be what was the triple vortex? Red and purple slides say they are mammoth fall family rafts. Pretty well like the white dialing slides at WNW

Edited by joel
  • Like 2

Just now, joel said:

Didn’t that character thing in the log ride come from the TRR?

I'm not sure but I actually think it might be, really weird that they pulled that from TRR and just plonked it between two trees. Looks so out of place and ugly as you can tell it has just been chucked their with no thought. And you would hope they would not pull crap from an old ride and implement it in a new attraction

• Like 1