Ardent Leisure & The i-Ride (Warning: Contains Artist Impression Of Dreamworld's i-Ride)

Jamberoo Fan

Ardent Leisure & The i-Ride  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the artist impression of Dreamworld's i-Ride?

• Main Street is going to look heaps better!!
    • It's ok.
    • Neutral
    • Not good
    • What have they done to Main Street?!
  2. 2. Do you think it is good for Dreamworld that Ardent Leisure is going to open i-Rides around Australia and New Zealand?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How would opening i-Rides around Australia and New Zealand affect your future attendance at Dreamworld?

• I am more likely to visit Dreamworld
    • I am just as likely to visit Dreamworld.
    • I am less likely to visit Dreamworld.

21 minutes ago, themagician said:

Since The Shell is so under-utilised at WWW they should just remove it, use that to install another slide tower. Build up the vegetation, build the river. And that will really lift the park. In 11 years they’ve add 3 new slides, and one wasn’t long after opening. 

Also, I think they offer a ridiculous amount of events venues. I just can't imagine them needing that many options and I think the addition of a new one in Brock's garage is stupid. They offer 9 seperate places that serve the same relative purpose.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Since The Shell is so under-utilised at WWW they should just remove it, use that to install another slide tower. Build up the vegetation, build the river. And that will really lift the park. In 11 years they’ve add 3 new slides, and one wasn’t long after opening. 

The Shell needs to go. Taking up valuable expansion space.

• 2 weeks later...

it doesn't fit the overall area it currently sits in, but it may well be an indication of the direction they're going. (all jokes aside).

Retheming goldrush into some sort of aviation space would be a far cry from a 'river ride' that killed people. Buzzsaw could easily retheme as the "red baron's barrel roll" - and it wouldn't even need much of a paint job!

I'm visualising DCA's Soarin' area of Grizzly Peak. nondescript sheds can be hidden by 'hangar' theming. Paint the ground with random runway \ taxiway \ apron markings. Naturally don't install Grizzly River Rapids! The area lends itself well to many other aviation inspired attractions (such a shame Tailspin is at the other end of the street), but the area would open with a coaster, and a blockbuster 'simulator' style attraction. If you proceed with ToT removal (see other thread) GD would also connect well to the new theme, with plenty of space for outlets, and several flats which could be accomplished at minimal cost.

the front building for i-ride could have the 'sidewalk gutter' painted red \ white \ yellow etc, with PA announcements "the white zone is for loading and unloading..." etc.

The only difficulty would be the fairy shop - as it would need a retheme also... however perhaps it might be time to bring back the helicopter tours (which would be perfectly suited), provided the helipad is still usable given the buzzsaw sitting next to it.

This actually sounds really good to me, and has me excited to see if they go in this direction. Of course, it is Ardent, so I fully expect to be disappointed - but i'd like to be (pleasantly) surprised!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

it doesn't fit the overall area it currently sits in, but it may well be an indication of the direction they're going. (all jokes aside).

Retheming goldrush into some sort of aviation space would be a far cry from a 'river ride' that killed people. Buzzsaw could easily retheme as the "red baron's barrel roll" - and it wouldn't even need much of a paint job!

I'm visualising DCA's Soarin' area of Grizzly Peak. nondescript sheds can be hidden by 'hangar' theming. Paint the ground with random runway \ taxiway \ apron markings. Naturally don't install Grizzly River Rapids! The area lends itself well to many other aviation inspired attractions (such a shame Tailspin is at the other end of the street), but the area would open with a coaster, and a blockbuster 'simulator' style attraction. If you proceed with ToT removal (see other thread) GD would also connect well to the new theme, with plenty of space for outlets, and several flats which could be accomplished at minimal cost.

the front building for i-ride could have the 'sidewalk gutter' painted red \ white \ yellow etc, with PA announcements "the white zone is for loading and unloading..." 

I like the sound of all those ideas. Just hoping it will be a comprehensive themed precinct where everything fits in well with the new theme. 

Like you I'm cautiously hopeful! 

Edited by pushbutton