ParkChat Live VRTP Interview

themagician

PCL recently interviewed VRTP’s CEO and COO, where they revealed a number of upcoming attractions, exhibits and more to the parks.

Check out the full interview within this episode: 

HIGHLIGHTS:

MW:

DC Rivals lift hill walk coming when the ride reopens

SDSC will greatly improve on the original version of the ride, with the technologies already confirmed 

The movie magic is coming back, with a new attraction coming later this year exhibiting movie pieces. And this magic will continue to come back 

Three all new characters within the park coming, not seen anywhere else in the world

FN’s is apparently going to be the best ever

SW:

Sea Jellies opening September 7

All new major attraction coming in the next couple of years

Focus on showing the back of house stuff to guests, such as the turtles, with new exhibits

Overall:

4 significant new things coming by December which haven’t been announced yet

A new app which includes wait times, maps, food and anything guests needs coming soon

Voice of People survey is something they are really focusing on

• Like 5

11 hours ago, themagician said:

DC Rivals lift hill walk coming when the ride reopens

So many climbs these days and climbs in the suburbs are stupid.  (Hey Jimmy I can see your mother dropping the kids off at school from up here)

SDSC will greatly improve on the original version of the ride, with the technologies already confirmed

Nothing new.

The movie magic is coming back, with a new attraction coming later this year exhibiting movie pieces. And this magic will continue to come back

Sorry I just fell asleep while reading this. 

FN’s is apparently going to be the best ever

Not if MW over sell the FastPass again.

All new major attraction coming in the next couple of years

Looks like SW continues to let us down with this attraction being pushed back.

Stuff the spin, overall this update screams Village are currently not willing to spend any real money.

Side note:  When did James have a head transplant?

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Stuff the spin, overall this update screams Village are currently not willing to spend any real money.

It seems Dreamworld are more intrested in their long term future than Movie World are.

I mean, it is understandable they are wanting to splash out major cash after DC Rivals opening, but this does give a good oppurtunity for Dreamworld to show off what they are investing in without having Movie World shut them down with a better attraction

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I don't believe that for a second.

I mean, they've got a WWW expansion for 2019, a dark ride and IRide coming which to me shows their commitment to the future of the park. The new Sea World ride seems to have been in planning for a while and is just being pushed back.

4 hours ago, Skeeta said:

But it is so elegantly spun!

If they're about events send Carnivale back to MovieWorld.  And create another event.

If they want to improve food, spend some $$ somewhere on it....rather than closing refill stations.

I expect the "museum" to be boring and not at all unique in the world.  If you want to see props go on the Warner Bros Studio tour in LA-you can see all the props.  And you know, actual working sound stages.  The standard really would be a replica set that you could walk on....if it isn't instagrammable it is rubbish.

Citing the new seal show as a success is ridiculous, it is crap and worse than the last iteration...it is not even close to being up to scratch.  And I think we'll be lucky to see any new major attraction coming to SeaWorld before 2021...more likely to see something else close first.  Not even sure the SeaJellies will actually be world leading either...pretty sure this aquarium will still have it beaten:  http://www.jellyfishaquarist.com/largest-jellyfish-tank-world-opens-kamo-aquarium/  And that's hardly the only aquarium in Japan with a lot of Jellyfish.

5 minutes ago, RossL said:

I expect the "museum" to be boring and not at all unique in the world.  If you want to see props go on the Warner Bros Studio tour in LA-you can see all the props.  And you know, actual working sound stages.  The standard really would be a replica set that you could walk on....if it isn't instagrammable it is rubbish.

Not even sure the SeaJellies will actually be world leading either...pretty sure this aquarium will still have it beaten: 

Dealing with the bolded statement first - what absolute dribble. Life exists outside of social media posts mate, and 99% of stuff that IS on instagram is rubbish so there goes that theory. 

As for “if you want to see props - go to LA”. The average joe, let alone an average family, can’t afford to just “pop over to the US for the weekend”. 

I think a memorabilia museum would prove very popular, and is a terrific inclusion, especially if it’s included props utilised on the studios for shoots. (You do know there are working sound stages next to movie world, right?) 

Sea Jellies is world leading In that it’s not just an exhibition, it’s an actual research facility that is staffed by Griffith Uni 

• Like 5

I've advocated for a memorabilia museum for a while now, it's something cheap that many people would have some interest in (and even if you're not interested you'd still probably have a look) and gives the park a bit of credibility. It's strange to me that the park is 'Movie World' with the studios right next door but there are no references to the studios in the park. 

An attraction that literally everyone can do is also badly needed at MW so massive thumbs up from me. A studio tour in the long term would be cool now that the studios actually have an interesting history but for now pleased with that move.

As for SW, what can you say that hasn't already been said? I guess one potentially new observation is Ray Reef, Paw Patrol and the new undercover Plaza for events are all attractions that you would add to SW if you were focused on the resort first and the park second. Ray Reef is the sort of thing that belongs at a resort really, Paw Patrol (license aside) is not something a decent theme park would highlight as if it's a motivator, and the Plaza, despite being a huge improvement is an events space.

Don't get me wrong either, the resort is fantastic right now and the leadership there has done a great job, but SW really needs someone who cares about the park as a theme park, not as the resort's really elaborate Kids Club. 

Also do they still own WnW GC? Can someone check that and let them know if they do because it seems to be looking pretty forgotten about.

Edited by joz
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Dealing with the bolded statement first - what absolute dribble. Life exists outside of social media posts mate, and 99% of stuff that IS on instagram is rubbish so there goes that theory. 

As for “if you want to see props - go to LA”. The average joe, let alone an average family, can’t afford to just “pop over to the US for the weekend”. 

I think a memorabilia museum would prove very popular, and is a terrific inclusion, especially if it’s included props utilised on the studios for shoots. (You do know there are working sound stages next to movie world, right?) 

Sea Jellies is world leading In that it’s not just an exhibition, it’s an actual research facility that is staffed by Griffith Uni 

Yes, not everyone can go to LA and most things on instagram are rubbish, if it isn't good enough for a filtered photo, then what is it?  There is just no way that this is going to be a world first attraction as it was spun.  Maybe you'll have some interest in some props for five minutes but in all likelihood an underused facility that may as well be an air conditioned room with some comfy sofas. 

Well aware they have working studios next door....are they going to give the general public a tour and let them in more?  If so great, not what was suggested in the spin.

An actual research facility?  Not like other aquariums don't collaborate or research either...and the aforementioned is the world leader in breeding jellyfish-don't think SeaWorld is going to claim that title overnight.   I've got low hopes of what the "interactive research" will be like.

@joz I agree a smidge but disagree a lot. 

Agree Part:         When VRS did the 30 years Celebration I thought it would be a great idea for MW to get a hold of the props and set up some mock sets. 

Disagree Part:  Memorabilia museum is only a very small token of what MW have removed.  Village have removed so much relating to movies.  From pre-shows to tours to non-DC characters to attractions to shows.   I am liking it to if MW removed all their roller coasters and 10 years later they give us a memorabilia museum on coasters and expect us to be happy with it.  

On another note in case Village hasn’t got the picture yet.  Every show Village has replaced at SW/MW has a whole mountain of sux about it!   (in case somebody has forgotten)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

On another note in case Village hasn’t got the picture yet.  Every show Village has replaced at SW/MW has a whole mountain of sux about it!   (in case somebody has forgotten)

I would say the opposite. Whilst the earlier shows weren’t perfect, they were more world class than the current lot. It’s the replacements that suck, not the ones that have been replaced.

I’m going out on a Whim and guessing it isn’t a movie museum, but will be a collection/exhibit of props and maybe set designs from Aquaman going on display to mark the movies release in December. It then fits the description of unique in the world, and ties into the comments that they’ve worked with the Studio’s team based on work done over there. 

New characters - Aquaman, Mera and maybe Black Manta

• Like 1