Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast - August 2018

themagician

It's nice to know there are people out there who still have that level of trust. 

I have many happy memories of my childhood when my parents only locked the house at night or if everyone was out. There was no alarm and no cameras. This was in a typical suburban street in a large city.

Not only that, but most people in the street knew each other quite well, and there was a kind of unwritten rule within the street that everyone was welcome in each others home anytime  (during the day if people were home). No need to even knock in most cases. 

These things were good, and it's very sad how things have degenerated to the point where now it's rare to even know what any of the neighbours look like. 

However, that's the modern world. In my job I see theft and fraud all the time, so it's onlyto be expected that I take precautions to prevent it! 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2018 at 3:49 PM, pushbutton said:

I'll be sure to invite you next time I go.

Sorry, i'm washing my hair that day.

On 14/09/2018 at 4:42 PM, pushbutton said:

I have many happy memories of my childhood when my parents only locked the house at night or if everyone was out. There was no alarm and no cameras. This was in a typical suburban street in a large city.

You grew up in Adelaide didn't you?

I still don't think you can classify it as a 'large city' in today's world, let alone when you were a kid.

It's got less population than Perth!

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

Sorry, i'm washing my hair that day.

You grew up in Adelaide didn't you?

I still don't think you can classify it as a 'large city' in today's world, let alone when you were a kid.

It's got less population than Perth!

Except I actually grew up in Manchester, UK. Not one of the biggest cities in the world, but certainly quite densely populated.

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Except I actually grew up in Manchester, UK. Not one of the biggest cities in the world, but certainly quite densely populated.

Having been to Manchester mate, I can surely attest to it being a densely  populated  and modern city.

Not sure what being from Manchester signifies but I imagine it would be quite a different experience to having a childhood or growing up in Australia.

Buts its a very nice city , I enjoyed its feel and atmosphere a lot.

• Like 2

Calypso has reopened as scheduled however surfrider is facing a 3.5 month delay! New reopening date is start of January 2019!!!

image.thumb.png.0a144a85747a6296f129b1562547f9fb.png

This is the first time Surfrider has not had a September reopening. Does anyone know if the paint is still stripped from the attraction?

• Like 1

What i'd love to see is Village stepping up communications about these kind of closures - it's well established that guests feel more loyalty and more satisfaction from a brand that had brilliant communication and action sorrounding solving a problem compared to a guest who had no problem to begin with. There's an opportunity here with these random closures of things like the Mach 5 Tower and Surfrider to be a proactive communicator and engage with guests to give answers, educate and avoid disappointment and brand damage.

It could be as simple as giving @Richard a buzz and getting an account on Parkz to engage with the community, or just having a simple blog with behind the scenes updates and small news pieces i.e. "Hi folks - we've taken an opportunity to really breathe some life into Wet 'n' Wild, and so we're giving Surfrider some love - we'll be doing x/y/z - here's some pictures of that process, this is part of our commitment to continue to have the best standard safety etc. etc."

Rocket science it ain't - you're welcome in advance Village.

• Like 5