Sign in to follow this  
JaggedJanine

Movie World "fight shows" are gone

8 posts in this topic

Haven't seen it mentioned on Parkz yet so thought I would. All stunt/fighting shows at MW have stopped. Eg. Batman Vs Ninjas, Catwoman Vs CGPD and Arkham Guards also Wonder Woman Vs Bank Robbers. Please let me know if i've missed any.

Shows still there are Marilyn, Dorothy Gale, Gatsby and Ricky Calicky Show. Again, unsure if i've missed any.

Edited by JaggedJanine

It would be pretty ordinary.  My kid discovered he loved Batman after seeing one of those in main street, so I was considering taking him back there now he is a little older because I know he would love it.  Sounds strange, but in our case it would probably make it not worth the visit.

22 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Haven't seen it mentioned on Parkz yet so thought I would. All stunt/fighting shows at MW have stopped. Eg. Batman Vs Ninjas, Catwoman Vs CGPD and Arkham Guards also Wonder Woman Vs Bank Robbers. Please let me know if i've missed any.

Shows still there are Marilyn, Dorothy Gale, Gatsby and Ricky Calicky Show. Again, unsure if i've missed any.

They also removed the “fight captain” role from the department so doesn’t sound like any plans to bring those sorts of shows back. 

18 minutes ago, djrappa said:

They also removed the “fight captain” role from the department so doesn’t sound like any plans to bring those sorts of shows back. 

There was a little bit of 'play fighting' in Great Gatsby. Have they removed that too?

I don't understand this. If they're worried about kids being influenced by violence, they all see far more violent scenes on TV every day. If they're concerned about some sort of safely risk to employees they're not doing the training correctly. 

The only way guests could possibly be slightly hurt (and only slightly) is by the guest being deliberately stupid, or in the case of kids by their parents failing to supervise them.

None of these constitute good reasons to stop this entertainment, which is a key part of the characters.