DC Rivals Hypercoaster Climb

themagician

It’s on the accesso booking site here, or can be found under Movie World > Experiences. First bookings are for the 23rd and dates are available into October for Saturday mornings so far.

I actually am happy with the $100 price tag, I expected more. For comparison the cheapest Skypoint Climb is $74.

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

Really want to do it but $99... like if i also came with free fast track for the whole day i would do it but besides that i dont think i would

Free fast track for the whole day is $149 though (last time i checked). That just wouldn't make any sense at all

• Like 2

I'm still shaking my head.  Skypoint ranges $75.00 to $105.00.  Someone at Village has been on the loopy juice.   I would love Village to explain why the Rivals climb is better than Skypoint.   I paid $85.00 at Skypoint and the experience took around 90min plus I got a $20.00 dining voucher.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

I was expecting it to be at least $300ish so I am extremely happy with the price.

For $300 I’d expect my name immortalised on a plaque in the ride queue that teenagers can stick gum over for the next 20 years. 

$50 is about the limit of blowing cash for novelty value - and that’s all it is. It’s not a skywalk, it’s not a bridge climb. 

• Like 4

Seems the only thing steeper than the stairs seems to be the price to climb up said stairs. Will agree with what's said above for $100 I would expect more than just the stairs. Some sort of behind the scenes stuff like maintenance bay or watching them commission the ride for the day and I'd consider it.

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

For $300 I’d expect my name immortalised on a plaque in the ride queue that teenagers can stick gum over for the next 20 years. 

$50 is about the limit of blowing cash for novelty value - and that’s all it is. It’s not a skywalk, it’s not a bridge climb. 

When the hypercoaster climb was first being talked about, figures like $300-$400 were being thrown around. At least village had some sense and didn’t go with that insane idea. Although I agree, for just a walk up and down $50 would make a lot more sense than $100

• Like 1

I definitely think the price would be worth while if there was a bind the scenes element included with the experience. If it is purely $100 to climb some stairs, then it's a no from me. I was thinking they would price it at $50. The website doesn't say whether or not a behind the scenes is included, so we will have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

They're nuts if they think a hundred bucks is going to fly for a morning walk for Rivals. Sure, the first few sessions are going to be packed, but once when all the cool theme park kids have gotten there "first" before the other theme park kids bookings are going to dry up.

When people ZMOT (research) the climb, they're going to compare it to other local climbs. Something iconic like Story Bridge's Day Climb is $129 whilst Skypoint's Day Climb (which serves up incredible views) is just $75. To further the point, Skypoint's Sunrise Climb is only a few bucks more than the Rivals climb, and I would unquestionably choose sunrise views of the Gold Coast over Movie World's carpark.

Now if the walk went behind the scenes for Rivals and showed guests some of the interesting technology that goes on in the station  and go over some basic behind the scenes stuff then it might have some great value but who honestly knows - without any information on the Movie World website (certainly nothing on the experiences page) beyond a little blurb at purchase it's anyone's guess. Pretty par for the course though considering Sea Jellies isn't on Sea World's front page yet. :P

• Like 4