Movieworld Kids Area Expansion?

Tin Foil Hat

Completely agree, I was only there last week and thought of this. Seeing all the other areas have had significant ride investments, why not the kids WB section? It is a well themed area and the rides are great for children, but I would like to see a new family indoor/dark/rollercoaster ride (not superhero theme) targeting families similar to Road Runner.

Speaking of this, my idea for long term future expansion would be a brand new additional area of Movie World. Currently we have DC heroes, villains, Wild West and Kids WB. My idea for a new area would be 'WB WORLD', it would be a mix of rides and attractions from various lesser known WB franchises. E.g. a Police Academy Ride, gremlin ride revival etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zacgb said:

Speaking of this, my idea for long term future expansion would be a brand new additional area of Movie World. Currently we have DC heroes, villains, Wild West and Kids WB. My idea for a new area would be 'WB WORLD', it would be a mix of rides and attractions from various lesser known WB franchises. E.g. a Police Academy Ride, gremlin ride revival etc.

Sure, let’s build a WB world inside WB World, oh wait they already did with the Junior Driving School. 

Here's some clues on what I think needs to happen to the kid’s area.

bomb1.JPG.74fb3e39bd1ea16e43589b63c292715a.JPG

bomp.thumb.JPG.e4e0dc6ae6ee2f21564cd8a9752fb43a.JPG

index.jpg.662988a9506f710f2616a54d9316047a.jpg

gallery_hero_il_fullxfull.782515291_89om.thumb.jpg.fb86875f1ae35c5700afd50b3e45afed.jpg

Before I get hate mail a good portion of the kids will be removed before we blow it up.

The area is so old parents are taking their kids on rides they rode when they were kids.  Problem is things that were cool 27 years ago now remind you of grandma’s house.

3 hours ago, Rivals said:

Personally, i think it would be cool if they added a wild west kids area. They could do so much if they did add a wild west kids area and it would attract more families to that side of the park

What purpose would that do, though? Young kids don't like shoot-outs and tumbleweeds. They couldn't do much at all with a theme like that, because it's already been done.

What's your thoughts on a DC Super Friends area, simular to what Six Flags Over Georgia have done? I feel we have had too much DC though over the past few years.

What other IP could Movie World use if they wanted to build a new kids area? What do they have access too?

Could they re-route the service road and use that space for expansion?

I don't think they need to build a new kids area, just expand on what they have. The Looney Tunes is a great IP for a kids area, and with already so much DC in the park, they don't need a kids area dedicated to it. Looking at this satellite image, they could easily install a new attraction where the old Marvin the Martin Rocket ride used to be, and obviously we know they have half of the show building too.

1501130853_ScreenShot2018-09-13at12_52_28pm.thumb.png.a909e4931bf90a65692fe4944116caa2.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, themagician said:

I don't think they need to build a new kids area, just expand on what they have. The Looney Tunes is a great IP for a kids area, and with already so much DC in the park, they don't need a kids area dedicated to it. Looking at this satellite image, they could easily install a new attraction where the old Marvin the Martin Rocket ride used to be, and obviously we know they have half of the show building too.

Really?  How many kids do you have?

21 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Do kids really know Looney Tunes any more though? Other then maybe Daffy & Bugs?

It just seems like a really dated IP.

I cant remember the Marvin the Martin Rocket ride either what/where was it?

Relevant enough for Warner Bros. to build a whole new park overseas with those characters in it.

Marvin the Martian Rocket Ride was in the top left of the satellite view @themagician posted.

Kid's areas are Dreamworld's biggest strength and Movie World's biggest weakness - the park is aching for some more attractions the whole family can do, and not just tweens & adults.

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Driving School needs to bugger off pronto and the entirity of that shed needs to be a giant air-conned space packed to the brim with kid's rides like Mermaid Lagoon at DisneySea or Warner Bros. World's Cartoon Junction & Bedrock lands. The facilities and storage that their tech department uses in the other half of the former Looney Tunes River Ride shed can be easily built/relocated whilst it'd be an order of magnitude harder to build something that competes with Dreamworld somewhere else in the park.

As for the outside area - you could literally cmd+c & cmd+v a whole page off Zamperla's website and it wouldn't matter - so long as the space continues to feel well themed and has plenty of shade, food choices and things to see/do they'd have something that would rival Dreamworld.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 3