Movieworld Kids Area Expansion?

Tin Foil Hat

It’s popular but it’s space/footprint could certainly have been better utilised. 

I don’t see them throwing the towel in though, but they could reclaim the other half of the shed and easily fit another 2-3 kids attractions in there 

Edited by Brad2912

1 hour ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Do kids really know Looney Tunes any more though? Other then maybe Daffy & Bugs?

It just seems like a really dated IP.

There have been many reboots of the Looney Tunes over the years, so trust me; many kids today do remember them. Hell they even still play the old cartoons on Kids WB every now and then.

14 hours ago, Slick said:

Marvin the Martian Rocket Ride was in the top left of the satellite view @themagician posted.

As for the outside area - you could literally cmd+c & cmd+v a whole page off Zamperla's website and it wouldn't matter - so long as the space continues to feel well themed and has plenty of shade, food choices and things to see/do they'd have something that would rival Dreamworld.

Marvin was similar to a 'la bamba' travelling carnival ride, but smaller, for kids.

The difference being the la bamba you face forward, whereas i'm pretty sure Marvin's rocket faced riders to one side.

For those who aren't apple fan boys, replace CMD with CTRL.

14 hours ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

But isn't a very popular attraction ? Whenever I have been past it, it has always been running.

Despite @Roachie's tongue in cheek response, Yes, JDS always has a decent queue, but I fear that is predominantly because the WB Kids area is the only area of the park for kids under a certain height, and many of those kids are older, and don't want to ride tweety cages or tijuana taxis, so JDS is really their only option. Despite it's apparent popularity with families, at the end of the day, its sub par in the grand scheme of things, and the space could be much better utilised.

Although i'd love to see an indoor kiddie land that is full of a bunch of zamperla flats or similar, the catch with that is for the same footprint, you immediately multiply your staff requirement by a significant number. Personally i'd like to see them move some of their existing attractions inside, and redevelop the outdoor area into a more 'family' friendly (think a family coaster that runs around the whole area) environment. Put in a couple 'fun house' attractions where you can walk through Bugs' house, and get the kid's stage back up and running - where it belongs.

10 hours ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Does anyone know what is in these buildings?

Upload 1.png

222.png

The top one is definitely maintenance, I think the other one is too. THe third as pointed out is the 'showstage' which has hosted western stunt shows, magic shows, TV gameshows, and more recently, WB Kids related shows and fright nights mazes.

• Like 1

What they should do is tranform the right hand side of the river ride building is into a show stage, and have a looney tunes show there. I can’t see them installing another ride in there (unfortunately). Right now we don’t have a full looney tunes show at the park, and for years there was always one. Putting it anywhere else is just out of place, especially now since the villains area has been added

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, themagician said:

What they should do is tranform the right hand side of the river ride building is into a show stage, and have a looney tunes show there.

Why do you continue to not listen to me.😝    Looney Tunes is dead. 

Since 2013 WB has a group dedicated to theatrical animated films so I am hopeful the pickings will get stronger for MW.  They are making movies like Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat.  The Lego Movie.  The Ice Dragon.  ToTo The Wonderful Wizard of OZ.   

Time for a Disney reference.  You don’t go to Disney and only see 40-year-old characters you see a blend of old and new.  MW have old, old & more old that kids don’t relate to it.

You say Looney Tunes show I say Lego Show.

• Like 1

If they where going to build a new kids area to complement Kids WB, what IP could they use? 

Is Thomas The Tank Engine still popular? Or smurfs? 

Perhaps a video game land would go over well about now. You could do a Fortnight ride, and bring in a Angry Birds land as well.

Edited by Boyden Hingston-Muir