Movieworld Kids Area Expansion?

Tin Foil Hat

22 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

If they where going to build a new kids area to complement Kids WB, what IP could they use? 

Is Thomas The Tank Engine still popular? Or smurfs? 

Perhaps a video game land would go over well about now. You could do a Fortnight ride, and bring in a Angry Birds land as well.

Are those all Warner Bros characters?

50 minutes ago, themagician said:

But they’ve already got the LEGO 4D Movie. What they should do is change the whole park so it is based around the Looney Tunes 😏

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg.9f31c8a9b0fe13c927a63855ab53f2d8.jpg

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Why do you continue to not listen to me.😝    Looney Tunes is dead.

On 13/09/2018 at 10:24 AM, Skeeta said:

Here's some clues on what I think needs to happen to the kid’s area.

bomb1.JPG.74fb3e39bd1ea16e43589b63c292715a.JPG

bomp.thumb.JPG.e4e0dc6ae6ee2f21564cd8a9752fb43a.JPG

index.jpg.662988a9506f710f2616a54d9316047a.jpg

gallery_hero_il_fullxfull.782515291_89om.thumb.jpg.fb86875f1ae35c5700afd50b3e45afed.jpg

Because you didn't solve the clues I'll give you the answer.

Bye Looney Tunes

Bye, Bye Looney Tunes

No more Looney Tunes.

@themagicianWarner Bros don't do bugs bunny anymore so why should MW? 

8 minutes ago, liz.wis said:

Teen Titans Go?

See Skeet had the idea that MW DC direction focused on the wrong age demographics.  Teen Titans might have been a cool to bring the DC theme into the park and the main DC theme should have only been in one themed area. 

MW do have an issue of it not big enough to justify having 20 different license deals going at once, but I would hope MW are smart enough to create some generic movie themed areas that don’t require doing a license deal. 

MW already have a well themed Wild West area crying for some loving which that could easily add a ride to that wouldn’t require paying a 2nd party.   MW could have another themed area paying tribute to horror flick and by FrightNight success people would embrace it.

Back to Kids

If MW are set on keeping “Bugs no friends” than MW should take a leaf out of DW book (did I just say that) and have 2 kids areas.  One for 1 to 5 and one for 6 to 10.   

• Like 1

Well having a good array of flats themed to popular and relevant IPs - it’s not hard to get right. 

It just hasn’t been MW’s focus to this point.

MW has focused on the teen-young adult market with coasters and thrills. 

DW is focused on family friendly options and kids, mainly because they can’t seem to keep coasters running and family/kids rides are generally easier to maintain, and less likely to injure/harm/scare/drown people if something goes wrong 🙄

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

family/kids rides are generally easier to maintain, and less likely to injure/harm/scare/drown people if something goes wrong 🙄

You mean like the family river rapids ride? rated as a moderate thrill family ride with no height limit?

9 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

No. It's hard to miss when you leave Arkham Asylum. Sort of looks like several shipping containers attached to each other. 

That'd be the escape \ panic rooms they have during fright nights. since the space isn't used at other times, its easier to leave the containers in place.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

It just hasn’t been MW’s focus to this point.

g 🙄

It's not the point and it doesn't need to be MW focus.   (MW can fix their shortcomings and move on).

Slick makes some good points with stripping out the shed. 

I have a new code for MW success.

Strip it.

Fill it.  (endless option)

Match it. (turn it into an indoor themed world)

Picture this:  It’s raining cats & dogs and Timmy and his sister Tammy are bored and have nowhere to play or go when Timmy’s dad, Tommy remembers MW have an indoor kids world (with a min of 4 rides and other activities😊) they can enjoy in all weather.   The family go to MW and spend loads of money.

Now picture this:

It’s raining cats & dogs and Paul and his sister Paulene are bored and have nowhere to play or go when Paul’s dad, Peter remembers DW doesn’t have an indoor kids’ world, so they stay home and spend no money at DW. 

47 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Sounds right, but I still think they should be open at times other than just FN.

Shock! Hoorror! I'd even be willing to pay  (say $20) for that occasionally! 

You won't even pay $10 for a fucking locker to protect your valuables... its hardly worth staffing year round just to capture your measly $20.

31 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Picture this:  It’s raining cats & dogs and Timmy and his sister Tammy are bored and have nowhere to play or go when Timmy’s dad, Tommy remembers MW have an indoor kids world (with a min of 4 rides and other activities😊) they can enjoy in all weather.   The family go to MW and spend loads of money.

Now picture this:

It’s raining cats & dogs and Paul and his sister Paulene are bored and have nowhere to play or go when Paul’s dad, Peter remembers DW doesn’t have an indoor kids’ world, so they stay home and spend no money at DW. 

Paul and Paulene's parents are only mildly more fucked up than Timmy and Tammy's parents for the comparitively similar names, although Timmy and Tammy could be shortened from Timothy and Tamara which are suitably differentiated, whereas Paul and Paulene aren't.

I need a "He's got a point, Jim" meme, but CBF sourcing it - so - Movie World Management - read above. Skeet's got a point.

People have literally been passing out in queue lines and ride buildings, yet theres been no action on summer proofing them. Lucky if you have a working fan or something to hide from direct sunlight, so i cant see an indoor, sealed/air conditioned kids area being high on the list of stuff likely to happen. 

The kids area should stay for kids. Its targeted at young kids though, so maybe it needs an update to new rides for that same demographic, say, maybe up to 8 years old max. Then maybe add a couple other rides somewhere else in the park for older kids and tweeners who arent ready for coasters and thrill rides?

Everyone saying cut and paste from a zamperla catalogue, thats pretty much what was done, just 20 years ago. 

The area was/is filled with zamperla rides. 

It always seemed weird to me that you have all these rides named after characters, most of which you never see. If they were looking for more, how about the statues you have in this part of the park make a real appearance too. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 10:44 AM, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

There not, but they could license them potentially. Movie World has had non-WB IP before

They're

On 14/09/2018 at 12:40 PM, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

One thing I've realized in all of this, is Dreamworld has actually done an incredible job with there kids areas. 

their

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

theyre-parking-there.png

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 2