Movieworld Kids Area Expansion?

Tin Foil Hat

Marvin's rocket constantly had problems. I don't recall ever seeing it operate, and it sat for a long time 'under maintenance' before it was quietly removed.

Taz's cars - i'm not sure. It was taken out at around the same time as JDS was installed - perhaps given the similar ride experience, and the labour cost, it was easier to close it down. The Taz cars were also getting on in years, so probably coming to end of life, and cheaper to remove when JDS provides a similar experience.

Taz's former site is now a parents room \ area, and its a great facility for parents with small children - and far better than their previous space. Whilst it may not appeal to everyone, its perfect for that age group, and should remain where it is - the facility won an award, and is a much better pit-stop for parents with infants than any park i've ever been to (although i've never seen a Disney parents room).

• Like 2

If you look closely, you'll see a back of house access road that runs right between the kids area and the area in red that you've marked. In order to utilise that in the kids area they would need to shift the road to outside of the park boundaries and move a large section of the back of house area. I don't see that ever happening

18 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Could they do what they've done near Rivals, and just put gates up?

There is actually quite a few lots of land where a new attraction could easily slot into.

Picture14.png

The now Rivals access-way was originally used as an entry to the Studios and became unused when the gates were shifted further south. By comparison, there wouldn't be a single day that the back of house roadway you're referring to doesn't get used. Thus, what you're suggesting is essentially building a theme park through an active road. Yeah, nah, i'm good thanks.

Something something air-con something something Driving School sucks something something put tech services & floats somewhere else, you get the idea.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

Could they do what they've done near Rivals, and just put gates up?

There is actually quite a few lots of land where a new attraction could easily slot into.

Picture14.png

Don’t usually comment on this, but 

-Red section is a hillside (practically on large rock wall) , also a main back road used very frequently 

-Both blue spot is the emergency evacuation doors for the Stunt Show/Junior School + Staff green room access 

-Purple is a very popular seating area and just received a makeover 

-Green is an emergency vehicle access road into the area 

-Yellow is the only real suitable location 

also note it maybe an unused area, just remember there is important infrastructure running under the ground (drains, wastage, power) 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, omega237 said:

I kinda mention this on the WBW Abu Dhabi thread, and since WBMWGC is lacking on more dark rides they could if possible add a second version of the trackless ride Scooby-Doo The Museum of Mysteries.

Something like that would be a better use for the building where Junior Driving School is that's for sure! 

On 17/09/2018 at 7:49 AM, AlexB said:

Marvin's rocket constantly had problems. I don't recall ever seeing it operate, and it sat for a long time 'under maintenance' before it was quietly removed.

I have photos of me on this. It was around 1999 I believe. I would have been around 7yrs old.

3 hours ago, omega237 said:

I kinda mention this on the WBW Abu Dhabi thread, and since WBMWGC is lacking on more dark rides they could if possible add a second version of the trackless ride Scooby-Doo The Museum of Mysteries.

MW is sufficient. 

Why would you open 2 Scooby Doo rides in one park, if not for the long term popularity and nostalgia of the existing SDSC, I wouldn’t have been surprised had they changed the theme. Scooby is only relevant through its nostalgia.