Movieworld Kids Area Expansion?

Tin Foil Hat

1 minute ago, omega237 said:

It's possible for both Scooby attractions to coexist with each other.  Plus the trackless ride doesn't have to be theme to Scooby it could be theme to Tom & Jerry, a Looney Tunes short or since the reboot comes out next year Animaniacs.

Why would you want more Scooby. It’s near a dead franchise so why would you invest in a new attraction and relate it to a dead franchise instead of a new one that is relevant like some you have mentioned above.

There is a few different options, but not really one that draw entire families like Lego Movie in my opinion. I definitely see your point though Push!

On another point, I think a digital puppetry show would be a fantastic addition to Kids WB. (See Monsters Inc Laugh Floor at Disney).

It would be really unique and cost efficient - You could run the show with just 3 people.

In saying that though, we are not going to be seeing any potential large family ride until potentially 2020-2021 so there may be more options available then.

• Like 3

That's actually a really awesome idea @Boyden Hingston-Muir - the biggest cost with a digital puppetry show would likely be the development and rights to the IP.

If you could get an existing IP that's already developed, it'd be a lock, but developing one from scratch might take a bit of effort.

• Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Donkey Live!
  • Stitch Encounter
  • Turtle Talk with Crush

3/4 are Disney property, and Donkey is Dreamworks which wouldn't get into Movie World at present due to Dreamworld's licensing. Are there other attractions around based on the same concept that aren't Disney or Dreamworks, something that they could utilise within their brand universe?

If you could get Lego to sign on to it, sure - but are the characters fitting for what is generally a comedy act?

I know we've recently covered the stupidity of a second scooby attraction in the park, but I think Scooby is probably the most fitting - with Scooby, and Shaggy telling jokes...

Otherwise - what else have we got available...

I could see an original done with Taz Devil - of course assisted by an interpreter - given this discussion is for WB Kids - the Toons aren't that far of a stretch - i reckon you could have Taz, Bugs or Daffy, and Foghorn - they'd absolutely laugh it up. (and this would replace a gaping hole in their current character line-up too)

Any other (reasonable and realistic) suggestions?

• Like 1

I can see it now! "The Emmett Experience" Could do some Q&A, tell some jokes, do some singing and embarrass a few parents. Families would love it!

I'm still all for Lego movie. Not in Kids WB though.

Maybe you could have a new indoor themed land in the Junior Driving School building? "Animation Nation" or something? (Stealing Slicks Idea here). 4-5 nice flats, a ariel monorail ride overhead, a cafe and a Lego Movie Show.

The problem in general is fewer and fewer kids know Looney Tunes, Scooby and the Animaniacs. While they could produce a great show with that, kids just would not get it.

On 05/10/2018 at 4:34 PM, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

a ariel monorail ride overhead

The problem in general is fewer and fewer kids know Looney Tunes, Scooby and the Animaniacs.

Why would you theme a monorail to a mermaid? Plus I don't think Disney would license the IP :P

As for WB \ LT \ Scoob and Animaniacs - as already referenced in this thread (do you even read people's replies?) Animaniacs is slated for a revival apparently. Looney Tunes is also frequently on TV on kids channels. Apparently a reboot of Space Jam is in the works too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

they currently are not very well known by kids. I know the kids I work with would not know them, most of them don't even watch TV.

What kids do you work with - Exclusive Brethren? 

And If they don’t watch tv, why are we even discussing what is relative for them, when nothing will be?

btw my 6 year olds favourite cartoons are Animaniacs, Ducktales, Chip n Dale & the 90s TNMT. He’s been raised on them from a 2 year old because of my Appreciation for their quality, and I know many many people in the same boat. You are assuming kids don’t know shows because they are no on now, but kids watch what their parents put on in front of them 

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I think VRTP really missed a fantastic opportunity by not rethemeing SDSC to Harry Potter  (themeing the cars as "broomsticks" and keeping most of the castle themeing  (with minor modification)), surely therevis still the opportunity to retheme the kids area to Harry Potter. I think it would be a huge drawcard for all ages.

Edited by pushbutton

14 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Ok fair enough. Seems odd though if Warner Bros don't have rights over it since they produced the movies.

It's not odd at all - there are many examples of a franchise where the rights to TV series, movies, comics, merchandising, public performance etc were all held by different folks at different times. Just because a film studio made a movie about it, doesn't mean they can suddenly start producing merchandise, or theme park rides, unless they themselves owned the IP in its entirety.

We have discussed this at length before, but put simply - think about this:

We know that SDSC is themed to the film from 2003ish. This doesn't give them the right to use the earlier Hanna Barbera cartoons as they are licensed separately, or indeed the later movies released afterwards.

We know that when Village Roadshow bought out Warner's share in the GC theme parks, the WB licensing was part of the deal - however unlike previously where WB was a shareholder, VRL needs to have an agreement to extend or expand.

There is some conjecture, broadly, over where the theme park rights to harry potter sit, and whether Universal owns them entirely or whether JKR could licence other parks independent of the universal model. We don't really need to go into that, because of the point above...

Despite the fact that the park is called Warner Bros Movie World, and despite the fact that WB produced the movies, as the park is owned by Village Roadshow.

...and given the juggernaught that is Harry Potter, at this monetised point in the Hogwarts game, VRL would be much better placed utilising existing licensing at no additional cost, than to acquire an entirely new licence, requiring an entirely new theme, that must adhere to very strict guidelines set down by JKR herself, to put essentially an overlay onto an existing more-than-a-decade-old attraction, at what would be a massive cost better spent on smaller more worthwhile investments.

• Like 2

Hell, within Marvel alone (up to a few months ago where Disney went crazy and bought everything) just the film rights alone for various different characters were owned by 3 different companies. The rights for things such as attractions and theme park characters are an even more complex barrel of monkeys for any IP.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the Lego Movie make sense as a choice for a family ride 

1. Successful franchise with 3 movies already and 2 on the way in 2019
  2.  It's an Australian produced and made movie (Village only produced the first one though, Animal Logic animated all existing and upcoming movies and produced them since the The Lego Batman Movie)
  3. Good for a more family focused ride than one mainly just for either kids or thrillseekers, movie world has a good variety but still lately they have been opening new rides aimed at thrillseekers and maybe they should go for a more mild-moderate thrill ride for families

I feel like a motion simulator would work best but I don't know, only type of ride I could think of at the top of my head

looking at what @Boyden Hingston-Muir said, a mack suspended dark ride would work well, especially with the relationship VRTP has with mack, maybe get mack to do a collabrative effort with Sally for animatronics

Edited by YaBoySlam
Didn't look at above comments