Superman Escape: Third Train

Tin Foil Hat

Unless there's a hidden block section somewhere that I don't know of, I'm going to say no. 

The unload platform is after the magnetic brakes which are not a block, they just slow the train for entry into the unload area (think of them as massive trims). The other train doesn't launch until the previous train has left the unload area into the station, so that the unload block is free.

In terms of adding a block, even if you added one where the magnetic brakes are now, the ops would have to work significantly faster than they currently do. Even then I think the trains would stack very regularly, including before the launch if unload operations are slow, which isn't desirable.

Physically not possible due to the block systems and controls. It would require a full overhaul of the mechanics to allow this, for minimal gain. When the ride runs 2 trains, the capacity is more than sufficient. If they had a second storage / maintenance bay it would be possible to have a 3rd so they could always have 2 running but it's just not going to happen.

As I said before, the winch system is the limitation.

The few times I've ridden it in two train operation, we've normally ended up either slowing or completely stopping entering the section with the catch car. To me that part of the ride should be quickly taken around the police car and latched onto the catch car as quickly as possible. Not twiddling our thumbs waiting between "it's superman" and "alright folks....." whilst the system catches up.

Adding blocks won't improve throughput, it will just lengthen the ride time and increase maintenance (extra train, extra sensors etc).

There's a point where having a third train is just counter-productive. You can only load/unload guests so fast, doubly so when you've got Movie World's operating procedures to deal with. Even during school holidays, a much larger, longer ride like Rivals still has issues with trains stacking at the station with two trains. 

The design of both Superman & Rivals (the lack of a MCBR, additional block brake areas etc.) would mean that you'd have a train just sitting somewhere along the line, either in the dark ride area in Superman's case or on the lift hill in Rivals' case. As a park, you'd be paying for a third train and all the additional ongoing costs associated with it to essentially have people waiting on the ride instead of in the queue. 

It'll never happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Utilise the launch as a block.  Now you have 3.

The launch is already utilised as a block.  You need at least 4 blocks to run 3 trains, since you need the train ahead to have cleared the next block before the train will release from the current block.  If you run 3 trains on 3 blocks, no train can move because the block ahead will always be occupied.

19 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

The launch is already utilised as a block.  You need at least 4 blocks to run 3 trains, since you need the train ahead to have cleared the next block before the train will release from the current block.  If you run 3 trains on 3 blocks, no train can move because the block ahead will always be occupied.

You do realise we're saying crap to annoy Alex?

@webslave

Superman-vs-locomotive-01.thumb.jpg.029779acf878aa9b3852465109e2f7ba.jpg

Edited by Skeeta

5 minutes ago, ads086 said:

What if you duplicated the stations? You could place a rotating or sliding track section leading from each station into the subway tunnels, and the same after the trims at the end. I can’t see you ever getting 4 trains running then, but you could definitely get 3.

Or alternatively, don't waste money on unnecessary alterations to a ride that already works well, and instead use it to build exciting new attractions! 

• Like 2