Superman Escape: Third Train

Tin Foil Hat

40 minutes ago, ads086 said:

What if you duplicated the stations? You could place a rotating or sliding track section leading from each station into the subway tunnels, and the same after the trims at the end. I can’t see you ever getting 4 trains running then, but you could definitely get 3.

I’m sure this is a tongue in cheek question/comment... I think.... surely... 

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Or add to the immersive realism of the MRT theme by extending the ride into the centre of Surfers Paradise, or (and this is a slight stretch) maybe even into the centre of Brisbane. 

They could do this with underground tunnels too!

Perhaps Movie World can finally get that east coast high-speed rail built?? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pushbutton said:

They could easily accommodate at least 6 trains.

This is movie world. It would mean dispatches would occur at roughly the shortest possible timeframe, whilst still allowing a 10 minute station turn around as per SE's SOP. Each station operator would then be free to chit chat with their counterpart for at least 5 minutes before the door opens.

Of course, this being movie world, the other 5 stations would only open from Boxing day to Australia day, and at other times would be closed to save on labour costs.

In off peak one of the loader's also doubles as the unloader from what I have seen? Or has that changed?

I once experienced two train operation with the off peak setup Joel has described. Possibly before a fright nights event?

The loader/grouper on the queue side was flat out, but he kept it running so efficiently that the train was crawling up to the catch car waiting on the winch to reset. I actually wrote to the park to acknowledge his efforts (and happy demeanour!) 

On 03/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, djrappa said:

Its really simple. If you want to maximise capacity on SE you don't actually have to modify the ride at all.

When Superman first opened it ran with about 8 operators!

1 Greeter
1 Grouper
4 Load Attendants
1 Unload Attendant
1 Panel Operator

With this sort of Ops a Que back to. the start of the lockers took about 15mins to run through.

Purchase a 3rd train for rebuilds so you always have 2 trains running every day and you will have crazy capacity. But mostly it's just about operations.

If i'm not mistaken (and this is going back on my old manuals too...) Originally the ride had the following positions
*Entry 1 (main entry)
*Entry 2 (Backup entry / locker issues)
*Sorter
*Load 1 (First 5 rows left side)
*Load 2 (First 5 rows right side)
*Load 3 (Last 5 rows left side)
*Load 4 (Last 5 rows right side)
*Unload 1
*Unload 2 (Simply to stand on the other side to make sure no one got off on the wrong side)
*Control Supervisor
*2x break staff.

That was back in the glory days, and I remember the queue taking up the first whole half of the building and waiting only 20 mins. However the sorter would stop guests before the ramp up to the load platform.

In off peak one of the loader's also doubles as the unloader from what I have seen? Or has that changed?

I once experienced two train operation with the off peak setup Joel has described. Possibly before a fright nights event?

The loader/grouper on the queue side was flat out, but he kept it running so efficiently that the train was crawling up to the catch car waiting on the winch to reset. I actually wrote to the park to acknowledge his efforts (and happy demeanour!) 

This was changed due to many complaints about even slower load times, and staff complaints too (mostly because guests were getting angry at us) And running 2 trains with no sorter is a fair workout! Kinda miss the days :P

Edited by Spotty
Added extra info
  • Like 2