Dreamworld Late September Update 2018

Wipeout had no water in it at all

`IMG_5964.thumb.JPG.1178d1063df50b883d8331644a45cef3.JPG

The area where the wipeout surfboards and other things are dumped is now fenced off, or maybe this is for development for the future WWW attraction(s).

IMG_5959.thumb.JPG.d4ca5aaa8acc08fede88fa19962babc6.JPGIMG_5958.thumb.JPG.f40b0b31f1ba936582b133a3e8745f41.JPG

TOT is still down

And finally Tiger Island reserve seating has been moved from the first row too ->

IMG_5828.thumb.JPG.3ac0a6133a162feadd7d64fd036f43e6.JPG

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, themagician said:

Now that is good reserved seating. Well done DW. 

Mane if I remember, in the early days of the BuzzSaw, the ride did do a double circuit with riders, but I think due to the large wait times, they changed it to a single loop. Anyone correct me if wrong 

Wait time shouldn't be an issue anymore!

Also, what I've realised is Dreamworld is largely filled with families and not thill seekers, GD yesterday launched with 3 people in it and was not full for as long as i saw it, while the train and other family attractions gathered a larger crowd.

17 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

And finally Tiger Island reserve seating has been moved from the first row too ->

IMG_5828.thumb.JPG.3ac0a6133a162feadd7d64fd036f43e6.JPG

I had always thought that TI had a double row fence to ensure guests couldn't lean over the fence and end up in the moat. Most big-cat enclosures have a double fence to ensure separation, in theory since if the animal could get to the fence they could grab you through it.

I realise the moat may prevent the cats from reaching the fence (and hence, why its such a low one) but i'm just a little concerned that the reserved seating area may see issues arise from those guests being a little too close - mainly dropping things into the moat, etc.

Spot on @Brad2912😁

With School Holidays under way, it makes zero sense to have major functioning rides closed part of the day while other major's remain  closed:

HOT WHEELS SIDEWINDER
MAINTENANCE
20/08/2018 - 14/10/2018
TOWER OF TERROR II
MAINTENANCE
15/07/2018 - 30/09/2018
GINGY'S GLIDER
MAINTENANCE
12/09/2018 - 08/10/2018

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Spot on @Brad2912😁

With School Holidays under way, it makes zero sense to have major functioning rides closed part of the day while other major's remain  closed:

HOT WHEELS SIDEWINDER
MAINTENANCE
20/08/2018 - 14/10/2018
TOWER OF TERROR II
MAINTENANCE
15/07/2018 - 30/09/2018
GINGY'S GLIDER
MAINTENANCE
12/09/2018 - 08/10/2018

It’s really not even busy at all

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

The park has only been open for 40mins, and it’s only QLD school holidays currently, so most people would be in no rush to get there as most would be visiting on annual passes. 

Oh, I’m assumimg that the prior weekend counted as holidays. Hope someone on the forum goes and can tell us if the crowd numbers are promising.

On 24/09/2018 at 9:06 AM, AlexB said:

I had always thought that TI had a double row fence to ensure guests couldn't lean over the fence and end up in the moat. Most big-cat enclosures have a double fence to ensure separation, in theory since if the animal could get to the fence they could grab you through it.

I realise the moat may prevent the cats from reaching the fence (and hence, why its such a low one) but i'm just a little concerned that the reserved seating area may see issues arise from those guests being a little too close - mainly dropping things into the moat, etc.

That's it - the pool prevents a run up for a tiger to jump the moat.

I've used that space a few times for shoots - if you want to see a show i'd highly, highly recommend the extra coin to sit there.