Beware of the Bawd Brothers

2 hours ago, themagician said:

That was a bloody brilliant show. So simple, well written and funny. Great job DW, this is the kind of stuff we want to see

And the thing is, it's so easy to pull off more like this. They set up a basic camping ground for the ranges which would have been thrown together with stuff lying around, than they have a couple of actors and the show takes place at a train station. Bare minimum cost show but excellent result.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-bone said:

I hope it sticks around.

"The infamous Bushrangers are set to wreak havoc on the Dreamworld Express once again – bringing back an iconic Dreamworld experience for school holidays".

Suggest you only have 2 weeks to see it but with the positive Facebook reaction DW need to run the show for a good 6 months to see if it's worth keeping it.

• Like 2

It's a great start - i'd like to see it receive more investment & commitment from Ardent to make it the institution it once was - it wouldn't be hard to have the best stunt/comedy show on the coast. Some more coin would help them flesh out the comedy, dial in the violence and create a space that takes it from having a local theatre group vibe, where there's great talent working with the bare minimum to entertain to rewarding that passion and giving it a space to shine.

Let's not forget Dreamworld was once an iconic landmark for acting & shows so for Gary Weiss it'd be a no brainer in terms of a relatively safe investment.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You're all about facts @AlexB. If you want facts, I'll give you some.

The first built diesel locomotive in Queensland was in 1939.

The final phase of bushranging ended in 1920s.

Bawd Brothers couldn't be bushrangers unless they owned a DeLorean.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

In addition to the Brilliant antics of the Bawd Brothers, there were several very funny joke announcements on the train journey today.

I don't know whether it's official or just the comments of the individual employee on the train at the time.

Anyway, it adds a lot to the experience and makes it FUN, and not just transport!

Let me guess..

”everyone get your cameras out and ready as we are about to go past something amazing you won’t see anywhere else in the world”....

... “hope everyone has their cameras ready...”

”and there it is! The Dreamworld carpark, which we guarantee you won’t find anywhere else, make sure you grab a photo”