Beware of the Bawd Brothers

1 minute ago, T-bone said:

Well if the experience is an off hand job by one of the employee's, then we may not hear what was said. Feel free to PM me the details if you really don't really don't want to post it on here.

Well in all honesty the comments wouldn't be anywhere near as funny in text. Also I haven't memorised them.

It really is something you have to be there for.

I hadn't heard it before so maybe he's new (if it is an individual), or else maybe it's an official thing which is new.

Are you not able to get to Dreamworld?

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Let me guess..

”everyone get your cameras out and ready as we are about to go past something amazing you won’t see anywhere else in the world”....

... “hope everyone has their cameras ready...”

”and there it is! The Dreamworld carpark, which we guarantee you won’t find anywhere else, make sure you grab a photo” 

Hahaha!!! Love going on the train when the big kiwi fella is on the caboose. The car park joke never gets old😂😂😂

• Like 1

Like most people I have a life so can't visit willy nilly Push, hence why I asked for you to tell us what was said, simply because when I do get to visit and if the train is running (due to its crap reliability) there's a chance I may not hear the humorous commentary that you heard.

I don't really care anymore.

Extremely busy day on the Dreamworld train today!

20181209_140306.jpg

I went on the train at 2.30pm. It was so busy staff were asking everyone to make sure there were 4 people on each seat. Despite running at full capacity, long queues of people were left at each station as there wasn't enough room for them!

It was great to see how popular it is!

Edited by pushbutton

3 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Oh. I thought those two round things were to do with the steam train! 

It's a mock up of a real steam train, a poor one in my opinion (hence why I call it the "abomination"). 

This is a real one, which also happens to be the former Dreamworld Perry in its pre theme park working life. Taken in 1961 near Bingerra Sugar Mill (near Bundaberg) 

FB_IMG_1544349920402.jpg

Edited by red dragin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, T-bone said:

The sad thing about the photo Push posted is that it was only hauling 2 passenger carriages plus caboose, hauling the full 3 passenger carriages plus caboose would have eased the crowding issue. That’s one way to piss off customers Dreamworld.

I did see the other carriage in a maintenance shelter. Maybe it was undergoing maintenance.

It was the complete opposite yesterday, crowd wise.

got to the park at 3pm, had my son with me - Dronkey Flyers, Sword swing, Teacups he was the only person on the ride. Dodgems we literally waiting 5mins so there was another car to be able to smash into.. 

jumped on the train at about 4:40 as forgot you can’t get out of Corroboree via RHLR and we were amongst 8 people total on the entire train. 

Edited by Brad2912

Well it was busy today for sure. Not to busy but Tower of Terror was filled to the top of the stairs in the queue. Also, Rhlr was stuck at the conveyor belt again. This happens so much now. Riders were evaced and I don’t know if it reopened. I got footage but just didn’t post it.

6 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

It's asleep, and dreaming about its next maintenance service?

Sadly not the case I feel. Carriages don't require a lot of maintenance, especially by dreamworld standards. 

It's well known that locomotive isn't up to the task it was purchased for. Designed for flatter circuits and no tight corners. 

8 hours ago, pushbutton said:

No. Only for 8 minutes to allow guests to get on and off, the driver to take a short break, and the train to leave Central Station on the half-hour.

Yeah there's your problem.

Here's my 2 step plan to improving the DW train;

1. Close Billabong station. It's very close and down hill from Central Station. Close it so the train can spend more time moving and less time stopped.

2. Always leave as soon the train is ready to depart. There is no good reason to only run the train every half hour. The train also adds an element of kinetic energy to the park and ups the capacity.

Done, fixed your train.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I posted a photo in this thread. Not a tractor. A train!

The “train” Dreamworld are currently operating is referred to as a tractor by train enthusiasts as it runs on a John Deere motor.

Personally I wouldn’t mind this “train” as much if it had the power to run three full carriages, or if for the summer holidays the Baldwin also ran to provide extra campacity.

It looks like a train, and feels like a train,  so it's a train to me.

I'm pretty sure it's a train to 99% of riders!

I'm grateful to have access to such things. If you were born in Queensland, you probably don't realise how lucky you are.

Closest thing in Adelaide was Greenhills adventure park  (which is now a construction site for new homes). About  $40 each and  every time I went. They had a "Tractor-train", and that's what it looked like!

Operated 2 or 3 times a day, and forget about the possibility of any entertainment during the ride.

Again. We have it very good here!

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1