No reopening dates for BuzzSaw, Hot Wheels Side Winder and Tower of terror

dylan_oregan

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

If I was in charge of Dreamworld I'd only employ one maintenance team.

In my opinion, one's enough for any theme park. 

Surely having competing maintenance teams might have a better outcome? You could generate additional income through commissions from the gambling websites taking bets on which team will win? 😀 

For those that missed it, push was picking on the use of the word "teams" instead of "team".

12 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Surely having competing maintenance teams might have a better outcome? You could generate additional income through commissions from the gambling websites taking bets on which team will win? 😀 

For those that missed it, push was picking on the use of the word "teams" instead of "team".

I hadn't thought of that possibility. Could be a new form of live entertainment. All they'd have to do is install a PA system throughout the park, and hire a DJ to monitor the progress of the teams via CCTV and radio, and broadcast a running commentary over the P.A. system. 

A fun way to ensure that guests know how serious they are about safety, whilst also having a bit of fun!

They could jazz it up a bit by having funny forfeits for the losing maintenance team! 

3 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

So if there maintenance team is 3 workers compared to 10, it doesn’t matter because they only need one. I don’t understand the logic behind that.

Sometimes, you just gotta give up! 

Edited by pushbutton

10 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I hadn't thought of that possibility. Could be a new form of live entertainment. All they'd have to do is install a PA system throughout the park, and hire a DJ to monitor the progress of the teams via CCTV and radio, and broadcast a running commentary over the P.A. system. 

A fun way to ensure that guests know how serious they are about safety, whilst also having a bit of fun!

They could jazz it up a bit by having funny forfeits for the losing maintenance team! 

Sometimes, you just gotta give up! 

This is sounding more like the beginning of a maintenance team hunger games.

At least they have dates on when things are going to re-open, now the question is if they'll stick to that. Are they installing a new control system, repainting the track on Hot Wheels or what? Nobody knows, I definitely do hope in the six months it will be down that all of those things happen, but knowing Ardent it probably isn't the case and it is still going to run like complete crap when it reopens.

Reopening dates for Buzzsaw or Tower of Terror is surprising. Considering how long those have been down, especially the former, I want Dreamworld to give a thorough refurb of the rides, including new control systems, new trains and/or repaints, but, again, it isn't likely to happen.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
  • Like 1

Yeah look as fun as shitting on DW is right now, we probably don't need a report on every stoppage. If a ride is closed unexpectedly for a day I don't care. That happens. 3 of the parks bigger rides being closed at the same time without a solid reopening date is story enough.

Wonder what could be going on with Side Winder? I get buzzsaw needs a new part and ToT is about the most complex ride anywhere, but Sidewinder is about the most standard ride anywhere?

• Like 2

Dreamworld have done another shuffle of their maintenance dates, most significantly pushing HWSW’s opening back again to December 30th and Tailspin will now be down for all of December instead of the two weeks that was originally planned for the end of this month.

Wipeout is still listed as open on the website but from what I’ve heard hasn’t been in action since it broke down? Can anyone confirm if it’s been up and running or not? 

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

is it just me, or is this daily update of date changes just becoming tiresome?

I'm out. Can someone just create a thread when the damn ride reopens?

We're not trying to bore you with constant updates, or anyone on this forum.

The constant updates I have been making lately mainly reflect the fact that rides, which are not being advertised on the Dreamworld website as closed, are closed. We're also trying to spark discussion on what could be going on with these rides.

We're currently experiencing the unexpected closure of 2 major attractions (Wipeout, MDMC), which Dreamworld continues to fail to advertise, most likely because it might "look bad" on their website. The fact of the matter is, we have had 5 out of 9 big thrill rides closed for the past 4 and a half days. This is not acceptable coming from any theme park, and it's interesting that it hasn't been talked about more.

At the end of the day, we're dealing with mass closures across the board for this theme park, and not all of these closures are being advertised.

I do find it annoying when date changes, which are for rides not scheduled to open in months anyway, are posted on this forum. However, when attractions which are expected to open the next day get pushed back by an extra month, that's the stuff we should be posting. Like Wet'N'Wild's Surfrider, scheduled to open the next day, then boom, pushed all the way to 31st December. That sort of shit isn't cool, just like the falsely advertised Dreamworld closures. That's the stuff I want to know about before my planned visit to a theme park.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

We're not trying to bore you with constant updates, or anyone on this forum.

The constant updates I have been making lately mainly reflect the fact that rides, which are not being advertised on the Dreamworld website as closed, are closed. We're also trying to spark discussion on what could be going on with these rides.

We're currently experiencing the unexpected closure of 2 major attractions (Wipeout, MDMC), which Dreamworld continues to fail to advertise, most likely because it might "look bad" on their website. The fact of the matter is, we have had 5 out of 9 big thrill rides closed for the past 4 and a half days. This is not acceptable coming from any theme park, and it's interesting that it hasn't been talked about more.

At the end of the day, we're dealing with mass closures across the board for this theme park, and not all of these closures are being advertised.

I do find it annoying when date changes, which are for rides not scheduled to open in months anyway, are posted on this forum. However, when attractions which are expected to open the next day get pushed back by an extra month, that's the stuff we should be posting. Like Wet'N'Wild's Surfrider, scheduled to open the next day, then boom, pushed all the way to 31st December. That sort of shit isn't cool, just like the falsely advertised Dreamworld closures. That's the stuff I want to know about before my planned visit to a theme park.

Both of these rides are open though.