No reopening dates for BuzzSaw, Hot Wheels Side Winder and Tower of terror

dylan_oregan

In other random maintenance news, TailSpin has had limiters put on the wings so you can barely even move them now making it next to impossible to actually get the ride flipping. Wipeout will only allow a maximum of 20 riders at a time (which funnily enough is how many they need to even run the ride)

26 minutes ago, Spotty said:

In other random maintenance news, TailSpin has had limiters put on the wings so you can barely even move them now making it next to impossible to actually get the ride flipping. Wipeout will only allow a maximum of 20 riders at a time (which funnily enough is how many they need to even run the ride)

Ardent are quite possibly the biggest bag of dicks to ever operate a Theme park in Human History.

It is absolutely no surprise they are keeping major attractions closed at the busiest times of year right now - And Why?

- Because they're closing the books and getting ready to bow out of Australia for good, People. And they know it..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

- Because they're closing the books and getting ready to bow out of Australia for good, People. And they know it..

By investing in new attractions for this year and next year?

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Wipeout will only allow a maximum of 20 riders at a time (which funnily enough is how many they need to even run the ride)

Can someone confirm this? This seems very concerning as it seems like a safety issue fix.

What?

Like do they learn, at all, ever? Either about  best practice or perception??

I don’t know about you but if wipeout is unable to operate at capacity that means there is something wrong with it. Why is a ride with something wrong with it open at all? I certainly wouldn’t be riding it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Because if anything goes wrong it will be the ride ops fault for not putting the right amount of people in the right seats.... .

True words spoken.

What I really want to know is why are so many rides down.  I have a few theories.

The rides are rooted.

DW don’t want to spend money to fix the rides.

DW don’t have any money to fix the rides.

DW maintenance guy poked himself in the eye while combing his hair.

Ardent is selling the park and want to keep the kms down.

DW don’t know what they are doing.

DW are having troubles finding new fall out guys to operate the rides.

DW have closed the rides to save money.

DW didn’t pay the power bill.

DW are at the post office to see if I they are still wanted.

DW maintenance guy put his uniform in the microwave to dry it and it caught on fire.

DW maintenance staff are all at an inquest.

DW are stupid.

The rides are open, but nobody is riding them.

DW maintenance staff are lost.

Edited by Skeeta

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

DW maintenance guy poked himself in the eye while combing his hair.

DW maintenance guy put his uniform in the microwave to dry it and it caught on fire.

DW maintenance staff are all at an inquest.

Although some of the others are also true, these three, in my opinion, are the most likely.

I would have thought given the 20 person minimum for Wipeout they're just trying to stagger guests across the cycles.

If you have 30 guests lined up and the park isn't very busy, it's better to put 20 on and leave the rest to help fill up the next cycle rather than have guests waiting around forever for the minimum to fill up.

I remember when i went earlier this year Wipeout took the longest to get on, purely because of the 20 rider minimum.

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

who'd go to a park at is actually at an inquest whilst you are there

I didn't realise until I arrived in Brisbane but my trip to the parks this year was the same week as the inquest. Was very unsettling driving to DW while the morning radio reports went over the previous days inquest findings. Although a smarter man would have just switched the station.

Edited by diesal11

14 minutes ago, diesal11 said:

I would have thought given the 20 person minimum for Wipeout they're just trying to stagger guests across the cycles.

If you have 30 guests lined up and the park isn't very busy, it's better to put 20 on and leave the rest to help fill up the next cycle rather than have guests waiting around forever for the minimum to fill up.

If, however, the requirement to get 20 riders minimum is necessary, then making those 10 people miss out to 'fill the next cycle' is fucked if nobody else wants to ride - those 10 people just missed out on a ride because they couldn't get another 10 for a second cycle...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Maybe the maintenance team are on the way to fix the rides, but are walking REALLY slowly just to ensure no park guests think that there might be a problem... 

I was thinking that perhaps they made the age-old mistake of setting their patrol areas to the relevant rides but forgetting to select the path in the middle.  Seems as plausible as anything.

image.png.c3ceb11a302b31886c0e5368e23f1c16.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evie said:

No, I don’t think that it was intentional of you. But whatever makes you feel good. 🙃

Lol... given I had to overrule the autocorrect to make it spell that way, I assure you it was intentional... one doesn’t accidentally make a bear related spelling mistake when quoting a post about bears...