Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

• 3 weeks later...

It's clear that Buzzsaw's reopening date is fast approaching and I hope that it marks the end of this weird period where Dreamworld have let themselves be extra terrible for a few months in order to work out all this maintenance/demolition/construction and housekeeping in time for the opening of the iRide and the Summer Holidays.  

They are probably getting pretty sick of having to push back Tower of Terror, it has been pushed back 6 times now. Its really disappointing that 4 large attractions (when you include Hydrocoaster) are having EXTENDED maintenance done during the school holidays. That is taking things a bit far. 

Its unlikely that we will be seeing Tower opening anytime soon as the attraction hasnt even had testing occur yet. Normally they spend days on end testing that particular ride prior to an opening.

In saying that though, it is certainly better for them to close the rides, replace essential components and have them operating in a reliable manner rather than using band aid fixes and then facing constant breakdowns later on simply leading to even more maintenance periods. Make sure they are working 100% before opening. I get a bit sick of rides from DW opening after ridiculously long periods of maintenance only to close again a few days later (like we saw with The Claw in May)

Problem is, these rides that us Parkz members complain to be crappy, unreliable attractions (like TOT) have been forced that way by Dreamworld and similar models dont have near as many issues. 

DW: take a deap breath, buy the parts you need and spend money on the REAL maintenance that your attractions need, and take your time if thats what is necessary to ensure a positive, long-term reopening of an attraction. 

(Although to be honest, I have a hunch that current long term maintenance which is occuring likely has understaffing to blame for the push backs).

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, joel said:

Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Fix My Car

It Is Brooooken Dooowwwnn

Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Fix My Car

Because I Wanna Ride The Whole Day Long

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Thanks alot! I've got that bloody song stuck in my head now!

You're off my Christmas card list 😋

Edited by red dragin
Fixed my spelling of "you're" before the spelling Nazi's arrive

Yet again, Tower of Terror's reopening date has been pushed back another 2 weeks. Buzzsaw and HWSW's dates remain the same and Wipeout still has no reopening date as of now. I also noticed that Tailspin has had its maintenance period shorted slightly, and will only be down from the 22nd of this month until the 31st.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 4.17.42 pm.png

Edited by mssveattck

On 28/09/2018 at 1:38 PM, webslave said:

I'm not going to shed a tear for that particular ride being down...

Why when its possibly the (arguably) best themed dark ride of the coast at the moment? JL3D is eh at best once you pass through the queue line, and scooby is well... Scooby Doo Where are You?

9 hours ago, jjuttp said:

Why when its possibly the (arguably) best themed dark ride of the coast at the moment? JL3D is eh at best once you pass through the queue line, and scooby is well... Scooby Doo Where are You?

Very, very arguably. JL3D (which I agree is a bit of a 'meh' ride) was of a better standard at install and remains at a higher standard today.

Contrast to the BRC and you can enjoy;

• Filthy cars
  • Broken speakers
  • Mis-timed or completely disabled effects
  • Moving effects with huge signs of unrepaired wear
  • Breathtakingly low hourly capacity

• 2 weeks later...