Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

I cant believe it. I hadn't been to Dreamworld in 10 years and was in Qld for a week from the 9th jan and went to the park last Thursday, Saturday and two days ago on Monday. I saw them testing on Monday. Im disappointed i missed riding it by two days as im back home now on the NSW Central Coast but its great to see it back, my favourite ride at the park. I sacrificed not going to movieworld and riding DC Rivals because the kids wanted to do DW and WWW this time. Them the breaks i suppose. I love the slow rolling double flip the best.

Some things I’ve noticed since the reopening today:

- Water canons missing

- Surfboards missing (doubt they will be back) 

- Wipeout logo under the gondola missing

- Still making groaning noises, but to be expected with brand new parts in operation.

Maybe they just wanted the ride reopened finally after such a long period of time and in the next maintenance period they will add them back in. Not too sure about the surfboards, maybe the safety audits told Dreamworld to get rid of them as well with the water canons. 

Really wish they would change Wipeout back to the original cycle, the one in use now and since the 2014 refurb is just too short, but thats my opinion. Great to finally have it back!

37 minutes ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

Some things I’ve noticed since the reopening today:

- Water canons missing

- Surfboards missing (doubt they will be back) 

- Wipeout logo under the gondola missing

- Still making groaning noises, but to be expected with brand new parts in operation.

Maybe they just wanted the ride reopened finally after such a long period of time and in the next maintenance period they will add them back in. Not too sure about the surfboards, maybe the safety audits told Dreamworld to get rid of them as well with the water canons. 

Really wish they would change Wipeout back to the original cycle, the one in use now and since the 2014 refurb is just too short, but thats my opinion. Great to finally have it back!

The surfboards are definetly coming back, there is new surfboards out the pack of white water world ith a fresh coat of paint, you would probably find that they just wanted to get it opened before holidays finished, you would probably find that they will be adding all that stuff after park hours

The chance that Sidewinders OR Jetstreams are currently experiencing a structural issue is quite hard to believe in my opinion.

Match 5 is less than 13 years old. Structural issues on  hydroslides are normally either caused by a design flaw or corrosion. Believe me, if WnW or any company or person associated with the park knew that Jetstreams had a structural issue now, or even a very small structural issue, match 5 would not be operating NOW, as a problem with Jetstreams structure also poses a risk to Match 5, as it is on the same slide tower. Think of it this way, WWW closed all slides on the bro's tower for a day when they installed a shade sail. Though operating RIP and Triple Vortex could be operated during this time, it still poses a risk to these slides which is why they were closed.

A slide, even one which is situated by the waterfront (not that one in Helensvale really is), should last a good 25 years if it is engineered properly, without experiencing structural issues such as corrosion.

Like Wipeout, we are probably needing something major, such as new pumps. Or who knows, we could even be seeing a major refurbishment in some way, shape or form.

Let's not forget, the sign which is located by match 5 entrance says "Jetstreams are currently undergoing refurbishment".