Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

4 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Jack Darkes Buzzsaw has once again been pushed back, this time until the 4th June. At what point are we able to call it an extended closure? 3 months?

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@themeparkaddictYou will need to ask the only theme park enthusiast @Rollercoaster_Loverif it is a extended closure or not.  Us general public have no idea what you are talking about.

Buzzsaw is closed because it is the only available entrance to the former gold rush area and for people working on the “I-ride”.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamworld has updated their maintenance page. Most rides now have maintenance dates, including some for 2019 (wtf?)

image.thumb.png.f51bf6bff5f904a4f0acbec250fa1442.png

image.thumb.png.b414cceb53371d248670a1c65d4ac4ec.png

Interesting points:

- Even more maintenance for TOT. 23 July until 21 August.

- Log ride is undergoing maintenance TOMORROW for nearly a month!

- Wipeout is undergoing maintenance in 2019 (wtf!)

Had plans to visit DW in the start of August. I am honestly so pissed off, TOT will be down AGAIN and it was down last time I was there as well. Plus HWSW!

Edited by themeparkaddict

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Not sure why Wipeout having maintenance done at the end of the summer holiday period is a surprise to you...

It's very surprising that they would post maintenance for 2019 (it is only June!), as it probably won't even end up going ahead on those dates anyway.

Love how you all believe this but I have a different reason! The Buzzsaw is in perfectly good conditions how ever there emergency plans aren’t. The buzz saws q line is interfering with the emergency entry and exit point. As you may have seen, they have currently removed all q line poles so they have access for demo work and I ride building access. Buzzsaw probs won’t be open until demo work complete and a new access road is built on the old TRR site. Also if Buzzsaw was undergoing maintnace they would of slid the maintnace platforms across the track at some point.

1 hour ago, Roachie said:

From Dreamworld's Facebook Page:

Screenshot 2018-06-04 13.49.16.jpg

Awesome that they are addressing that, 

They have also updated the website with that message.

14 minutes ago, joel said:

Love how you all believe this but I have a different reason! The Buzzsaw is in perfectly good conditions how ever there emergency plans aren’t. The buzz saws q line is interfering with the emergency entry and exit point. As you may have seen, they have currently removed all q line poles so they have access for demo work and I ride building access. Buzzsaw probs won’t be open until demo work complete and a new access road is built on the old TRR site. Also if Buzzsaw was undergoing maintnace they would of slid the maintnace platforms across the track at some point.

I was under the impression that this maintenance has something to do with the e-stop which happened in March. It is likely they are working to try and resolve issues with sensors and the computer system (or even some other mechanical issues which might have been what the e-stop was indicating). Like the Wipeout, replacement parts are coming from overseas which will probably take many months (We might have to wait until August or September for Buzzsaw to reopen). TRR has been undergoing demolition since January.

image.png

On the topic of maintenance, RAY REEF is reopening WEDNESDAY 

20 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

It's very surprising that they would post maintenance for 2019 (it is only June!), as it probably won't even end up going ahead on those dates anyway.

I don't see how giving guests 12 months notice of a shutdown is a problem. Helps them plan their holidays, particularly overseas guests.

I believe movieworld are just keeping the rides closed because there not busy enough. The two ladies on the hyper coaster last weekend, one is normally at justice league and the other at Arkham asylum. Some of supermans staff were from green lantern. The parks only employ so many permanents and the majority are casual so the parks don’t have to give them work to save money on operational cost.

12 hours ago, joel said:

I believe movieworld are just keeping the rides closed because there not busy enough. The two ladies on the hyper coaster last weekend, one is normally at justice league and the other at Arkham asylum. Some of supermans staff were from green lantern. The parks only employ so many permanents and the majority are casual so the parks don’t have to give them work to save money on operational cost.

Hate to break it to you, but 90% of the attractions staff are Permanent Part Time. They are trained on multiple rides, which is why you see them working different rides on different days. Your post is completely false information.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Does a anyone have any updates/news on Mach 5 at WNW ??

Parts of it are currently undergoing removal. Its not possible to tell whether this is permanent or temp. 

It has been down for 6 months now, I dont see it reopening for a very long time in the state it is currently in.

Homestly it would suck going to wet n wild right now. Tornado, Junior Slides, Jetstreams, Sidewinders, Flowrider, Skycoaster, Surfrider and Calypso Beach are all closed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Parts of it are currently undergoing removal. Its not possible to tell whether this is permanent or temp. 

It has been down for 6 months now, I dont see it reopening for a very long time in the state it is currently in.

Homestly it would suck going to wet n wild right now. Tornado, Junior Slides, Jetstreams, Sidewinders, Flowrider, Skycoaster, Surfrider and Calypso Beach are all closed.

Agreed.

I wonder why parts of M5 are being removed. When it shut, wasn't it without warning as well ??

1 hour ago, themeparkaddict said:

Would only be going to wet n wild for the spas at whirlpool springs right now.

11 hours ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Agreed.

I wonder why parts of M5 are being removed. When it shut, wasn't it without warning as well ??

Jetstreams had planned maintenance for one month, October till November. This was then extended till December and then became "Until Further Notice".

I was at the park in October. I found it strange that there was a sign up saying "This ride is undergoing refurbishment" for the Jetstreams, and not just that it was undergoing maintenance.

The website was updated on the day at which Sidewinders closed (or potentially a few days before, can't quite remember), so there was next to zero warning. 

So jetstreams have been closed for nearly 9 months and sidewinders 6 months. 

When the website is updated to the new style we will be able to get a fair idea whether Mach 5 will ever operate again, at the moment they haven't been updating the Wet'n'Wild website very often while this is still in development.

It doesn't take this long to fix a hydroslide or it's pumps unless of course it's structural. At this point, due to the insanely long downtime, I am led to believe it could well be. 

• Like 1