Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

We need to start a Parkz sweep on when DW will be put on the market.  In other news who can guess how many rides will be down during the busiest time of the year at DW?

Dreamworld is 100% already on the market - right now it’s all about timing. Weiss is already closing in on separating the most profitable parts of Ardent (US) away from the failing components (AUS) and this is now after every other profitable piece of Ardent’s Australian operations has been sold. When Weiss can get the money he wants for both arms, it’ll be sold. 

52 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Ardent are investing in the future of Dreamworld, not looking for a sale any time soon. Hence the 2019 WWW expansion which will involve more than just a lazy river. Thats all I can say.

It’s definitely worth giving the Parkz articles a read on the front page (like this one specifically) - the “additions” to the lazy river are well documented. The long story short here is as an example, moving the crocodiles from one end of the park to the other indicates two things:

1) maximising Dreamworld assets with as minimal capital as possible for eventual sale

2) Weiss wants to sell as much land as possible to maximise his own ROI. 

Edited by Slick

40 minutes ago, Slick said:

It’s definitely worth giving the Parkz articles a read on the front page (like this one specifically) - the “additions” to the lazy river are well documented. The long story short here is as an example, moving the crocodiles from one end of the park to the other indicates two things:

1) maximising Dreamworld assets with as minimal capital as possible for eventual sale

2) Weiss wants to sell as much land as possible to maximise his own ROI. 

They are new animals coming and I am not talking about additions to the lazy river. There is other things coming in the expansion which aren’t minor things. Market Research is all I can say....

3 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Market Research is all I can say....

Lol..

I was paid $50 by VTP to sit with a group of people and discuss and vote on the preferred design and theming of Wild for Seaworld, and unless there is some Gorillas and Hippos hiding somewhere, it meant nothing. 

Pretty sure the majority of the long term posters here were part of ‘Future of Fun’ which alludes towards many attractions that became non-events including a Doomsday tower within the footprint of SE..

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Lol..

I was paid $50 by VTP to sit with a group of people and discuss and vote on the preferred design and theming of Wild for Seaworld, and unless there is some Gorillas and Hippos hiding somewhere, it meant nothing. 

Pretty sure the majority of the long term posters here were part of ‘Future of Fun’ which alludes towards many attractions that became non-events including a Doomsday tower within the footprint of SE..

That’s village not ardent. And they’ve already confirmed it anyway and the plans are going ahead

10 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

That’s village not ardent. And they’ve already confirmed it anyway and the plans are going ahead

Haha you say that like Ardent is so much more trustworthy or reliable than VTP.. 

Confirmed it to who? A market research panel? If you are saying you have some inside info, well ok, but to say you know what their finals plans are because you did some market research is straight up nuts 

Arkham is relatively cheap ro maintain, is still popular enough and in overall great shape for a ride of it's age. Since the last refurb, the first brake has been eased and no longer applies that leg-numbing lock down on legs and the overall ride experience is about as good as it has ever been.

I cannot say the same for most of DW's ageing line up. Sidewinder was a shit ride when I first rode it as Big Dipper at Luna Park. It only progressed to get much much worse in the hands of it's deadly DW owners over the years. Now it's in such terrible shape they can't even get the thing running. God forbid they look outside their walls for industry help.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Arkham is relatively cheap ro maintain, is still popular enough and in overall great shape for a ride of it's age. Since the last refurb, the first brake has been eased and no longer applies that leg-numbing lock down on legs and the overall ride experience is about as good as it has ever been.

I cannot say the same for most of DW's ageing line up. Sidewinder was a shit ride when I first rode it as Big Dipper at Luna Park. It only progressed to get much much worse in the hands of it's deadly DW owners over the years. Now it's in such terrible shape they can't even get the thing running. God forbid they look outside their walls for industry help.

Still one of my favourite rides at dreamworld still remember riding it as lethal weapon. It is still a fun ride