Sign in to follow this  
willsy

Wonderlands Bounty/ship

39 posts in this topic

I am after any specs on the ride, Height, support diameter any thing at all. Who built the ride? I want to make a scale model of the ride. Thanks

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/ride.php?rid=43 That height is measured from the top of the complete revolution, so the the support frame would hence be about half that. Check out the accompanying gallery, and do some measurements here and there and you should be able to come up with the dimensions and angles etc. of the ride.

Willsy, Off the top of my head I think it's an Intamin. It stood at 49 feet or 80 feet when inverted. It had 50 seats and more often than not drove the operator up the wall the piece of crap!

It is indeed Intamin and I think it's more or less the same (minus the dressing) to their looping space ship models so maybe you can get your nitty gritty measurments from that??

There was about 100 litres of saliva dried onto the backs of seats, 58 kilograms of chewing gum on the platform, 72.5 litres of vomit caked into the seatbelts. "The Bus is now leaving for Chewings Nob, South Australia"

It didnt hurt my shoulders, but during the ride the restraint kept closing in more putting too much pressure on my chest, why didnt it just stay at the position it was locked in at the start of the ride?

It didnt hurt my shoulders, but during the ride the restraint kept closing in more putting too much pressure on my chest, why didnt it just stay at the position it was locked in at the start of the ride?
The reason it didn't stay in the same position was because the operators had a button to make the harnesses lock down a bit more during the cycle. "I can't breathe, I can't breathe!" "If you can't breathe how can you talk?" Silence.... "The Bus is now leaving for Hurts, NSW"

The thing I never understood about Bounty is just why the hell the OTSRs were so heavy, its not like they need weight to be effective, without the weight of those things it would have been a much more comfortable ride! Old design I guess :-(

Well i contacted Intamin and they sent me a scaled plan of the bounty with all the measurment i need. Thanks for all your help guys. :)

But Shockwave at Drayton Manor Park Opened in 1994, 4 years after B&M became their own company. I think they still have the right to make it. Maybe they didnt send ifo because I went through the info request forms instead of just sending a straight e-mail.