Sea World lighthouse - Star Flyer replacement

Jamberoo Fan

'Rescue Point Lighthouse' Demolition & "Star Flyer" Addition  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Sea World's planned demolition of 'Rescue Point Lighthouse'?

• Great and replace it with a "Star Flyer"!
    • Great but replace it with something different than a "Star Flyer".
    • Sad but I prefer a "Star Flyer" in 'Rescue Point Lighthouse''s place.
    • Terrible - Keep it! It's irreplaceable!
  2. 2. How do you feel about Sea World's planned "Star Flyer" and where should it be located in Sea World?

• Great - 'Rescue Point Lighthouse' site
    • Great - 'Viking's Revenge Flume Ride' site
    • Great - Other site in Sea World
    • Terrible - 'Rescue Point Lighthouse' site
    • Terrible - 'Viking's Revenge Flume Ride' site
    • Terrible - Other site in Sea World
  3. 3. Is all this a good move to improve Sea World's future?

• Yes - The park is now back how it was in it's prime!
    • Yes - It's a good start but just not quite there yet.
    • Yes - It's a good start but a long way to go.
    • No - A "Star Flyer" is not a ride suited for Sea World.
    • No - The negative effects of demolishing 'Rescue Point Lighthouse' on Sea World outweigh any positive effects of anything else Sea World does in the future.
    • No - What were they thinking?

I don’t know the reason, but according to the reliable source of Wikipedia, it says that the ride was originally going to be installed from SW, it was then purchased from Intamin, but after it was bought it’s location changed to WNW.

Maybe the reason was because SW was doing well at the time and they thought WNW needed a new attraction to compete with WWW. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Look it's better than nothing which is precisely what SW would have got as an alternative.

Which is literally the nicest thing that can be said about it; it's at least something. I'll also say the 120cm height requirement is reasonable too, but yeah placement is horrible it's uninspired, cheap, and to be honest, just lazy. 

Edited by joz
  • Like 2

So what ride is everyone looking forward to this summer? SkyFlyer or SkyVoyager😜

I wonder how many people will forget which ride name relates to which Gold Coast theme park and/or what ride type.

It makes me wonder if VRTP just tried to make SW's new ride as similar to DW's new ride as possible without actually being the same ride. Maybe also Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast will get an expansion with a revamped Calypso Beach and/or Whirlpool and/or Giant Wave Pool and MW a new dark ride?😉

Strange how the joke I made a fortnight ago nearly became true:

On 26/10/2018 at 11:20 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

In any case, SkyVoyager sounds like a good name for Sea World's future "Star Flyer" too, huh? 😜 

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

So what ride is everyone looking forward to this summer? SkyFlyer or SkyVoyager😜

I wonder how many people will forget which ride name relates to which Gold Coast theme park and/or what ride type.

It makes me wonder if VRTP just tried to make SW's new ride as similar to DW's new ride as possible without actually being the same ride.

^I've thought the exact same thing. This is definitely a planned move by VRTP to confuse the average themepark goer this summer. Very similar names, and similar riding position (suspended seat with legs dangling); it'll be easily confused by the general public. This ride is a quick competitive response to DWs SkyVoyager, which sort of explains why the ride is a portable model.

Anyone who gets a portable fairground spin 'n' spew confused with an immersive flight simulator in an extensively rebuilt building obviously has very little appreciation for what theme parks are all about!

I'm not just saying they're not enthusiasts, but they don't even have a low level of interest in enjoying a visit to a theme park.

There's just no contest! It's like Dreamworld opening a ghost train from the EKKA and trying to pass it off as similar to the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster when it reopens.

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

Based on the video Dreamworld posted with a coaster that looks a lot like Superman it isn't just the general public who are easily confused by what is where. For anyone who doesn't follow the parks closely the similar names will easily be confused. Either way they will end up in a park full of animals, kids rides and closed/missing thrill rides.

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

7 News did an article promoting the new SW ride last night but instead of showing footage of the actual version they are getting, they showed footage of that giant 6 Flags Texas one instead, saying that it will be a similar ride. Hmmm.. 

NA! Work harder!

images.jpg

I've been thinking. To keep up with Villages infringements, maybe Dreamworld should actually hire a temporary ghost train ride for Christmas. They can call it the "Booby-do Wookey Coaster"!

The average Movie World customer would never know the difference, surely!

May seem a small deal but if this is the actual ride. I willbw pissed if they don’t at least get a different colored canopy. 

For Sea World the generic rainbow look is just wrong and makes it look more cheap. Should be some different shades of blue or something. Small detail but would greatly improve the aesthetic. 

• Like 2

Can confirm that the ride coming to SW will indeed be Joylands Space Jam, asked a worker at the Fisher's Ghost Festival in NSW today and he said it would be going to Seaworld. Doubt the ride will be getting a repaint or a different coloured canopy, it's a travelling model owned by a travelling company, and they won't just change a fundamental part of the ride (including replacing light bulbs, etc.) to suit a park that they'll be situated in for a few months at best. 

• Like 1

Yes, I assume the Joylands crew will be operating and staffing the ride whilst its up there. It's the easier option for all parties involved as they already know how to operate the ride, all necessary safety precautions, etc. after travelling it around the country for a few months already. It also saves them having to train new staff.