White Christmas 2018

Park Addict 93

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, Skeeta said:

Really?   I thought this was aimed at children.  Last year I left early because my daughter was bored.   So many good free Christmas events at this time of the year that nobody needs to pay these overinflated prices. 

2016 Parade

2017 Parade

Now the fun part is to watch is to watch them both at the same time.  (it's like seeing double)

Over inflated prices? It's FREE. You only have to pay if you want to add extras. Dinner is merely  $30 for adults and  $16 for kids. That's pretty cheap. 

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

All dates are sold out

I'm glad I booked a couple of days ago. 

Edited by pushbutton

20 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

IMG_8429.jpg

I remember when the christmas lights on main street looked amazing. It seems like these are being put up more sloppily than in previous years. I'm a little disappointed.

I'd love to see them change it up. With the technology these days, RGB lighting wouldn't be difficult, and then you could integrate it into the parade too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I remember when the christmas lights on main street looked amazing. It seems like these are being put up more sloppily than in previous years. I'm a little disappointed.

I'd love to see them change it up. With the technology these days, RGB lighting wouldn't be difficult, and then you could integrate it into the parade too.

They did have them synced to the parade and they also did a musical number with the lights synced to it too. 

It was only in banks of lights though, not individual ones which I think is what you were implying. That would be super cool if they could do that 

not necessarily individual ones, although that technology does exist - those lights are still 'dumb' lights - the whole string is one colour, and the whole string may be turned on or off.

replace them with RGB dumb string - by varying the power supplied across three wires (which can be computer controlled) you can make every light in the string change from one colour to the next.

The next step is RGB Pixels - which receive constant power, with a data wire delivering colour and brightness information, allowing each and every lamp to be controlled independently of each and every one around it!

16 hours ago, red dragin said:

A guy at Bald Hills has addressable lights on his house for Christmas. "Brads Brisbane Christmas Lights" on Facebook. I believe those are the constant power lights? 

You're spot on Red. There's quite a number of us around Brisbane who use synchronised pixels for Christmas. @Tim Dasco does too.

I guess what i'm saying is, if its achieveable for one guy in his front yard, how hard is it really for a place like Movie World?

• Like 3