Dreamworld / WWW Update

Forgot to mention-

There’s now dirt mounds at blue lagoon 

Machinery at the fenced off area in www and all the land has been flattened and all of the ride parts are now gone. 

The fenced off area in the car park is just orange barricades that aren’t boxing in anything

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

More like this------------------------------------------

imageproxy.php?img=&key=33dbdb8b5f3d6bf3before.jpg.a3c9ef3b9aa3ffed1e91884704c48185.jpg

Thanks so much for that. I can certainly see some dirt at the bottom of the pool there, and it does appear to form a rather interesting pattern.

However, I have to say that the dirt in Jdude95s photo looks a lot more pure, and (if dirt can be) I almost want to say it looks cleaner too.

These are two qualities I think are extremely important in any theme park dirt.

Still. Beggars can't be choosers, as the saying goes. Although I must add they could have asked if they could have a bit from the Wet & Wild buggy track, now it's no longer needed there.

Edited by pushbutton

IMG_6886.thumb.JPG.9c9667b7713d741e8880811f12415329.JPG

Wipeout experienced problems all day before 4 maintenace people came to work on it. IMG_6874.thumb.JPG.73ba88abd5d260178429d8017d2863d2.JPG

New signage

IMG_6846.thumb.JPG.49f4c8928debd5c69e02dc1e0e26e893.JPG

RIP is still untouched

IMG_6844.thumb.JPG.b1b48d1fc83d7f6eb03e4759a35d6f96.JPG

These slides are still in terrible conditionIMG_6840.thumb.JPG.065e583464e56880d667896249fdc8ab.JPG

Sky Voyager Update

IMG_6837.thumb.JPG.28811bd511a6b87da75b9e826a4e8017.JPG

This kids ride is back together after being deconstructed

TOT 2 Test Run

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm, they are definitely ripping out the concrete channels before filling them in. I was worried that they were just filling over it when I first saw photos. Once I got down there, there was an excavator with a hydraulic hammer and claw, ripping through the channels and putting the rubble in trucks to be removed. There was still water in the reservoir and in the channel that used to run under Eureka but they were in the processing of pumping that out when I was there too. Granted, the water level is fairly low, so they've already drained a heap of it. 
Maybe they are doing the ol' switcharoo? Take the dirt from WWW and put it in Gold Rush, then take the water from Gold Rush and put it in WWW? 😂

Oh and I have no idea what @themagician was talking about because the reservoir or at least the deepest main part of it, is still very much there. (The part where rafts used to float into before they installed the gate)

• Like 3