Dreamworld / WWW Update

Bahahaha people worried about I-ride facade not fitting but after turning around realise DW facades have been a mismatch for years.  If anything, I-Ride fits DW Main street facades perfectly.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.thumb.JPG.31dd5590ed9b2d9ef2c3d9152235e121.JPG

37 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Throwback to those days where people tried to theme things to a proper 'main street' where a 'red zone' in American meant 'no parking'.

I'll bet the people responsible for things like that have no idea as to the backstory or significance of it, and just keep repainting it because the gutter has always been red...

It hasn't always been painted.

1585366965_DreamworldEntranceSquare.thumb.jpg.360f698747ce82d17ae8e2e365334985.jpg

Edited by Skeeta

1 hour ago, Gary86 said:

@pushbutton Is the path behind Gold Rush still closed? Yesterday there were 2 staff members (one on each end) telling guests to take the long detour even though there still was access via the pathway and the staff were using it

Yes it’s still closed. 

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

On the contrary, I wouldn't say it was unnecessary at all. I'm the crotchety old man that sits in the corner waggling his walking stick at the kids playing their records too loud, occasionally spouting pearls of wisdom that wise kids occasionally benefit from if they listen.

The forums are a place for discussion - something each of us has equal right to do.

...And you don't contribute photos either - you contribute slideshows of photos and 5 second vine videos that are impossibly difficult to watch.

You also create threads that are against the forum rules - such as this one - generically named 'dreamworld WWW update'. Honestly i'm surprised it's lasted this long as it is.

I've tried to dialogue with you. Privately i've tried to explain to you what it is that you're doing that's annoying people. Several others have politely pointed it out, and you don't seem to get the message - so at that point you lose all restraint from me, and i'm gonna let you know about it.

Honestly, this world is creating too many fucking snowflakes that think the world should adjust to suit them, instead of the other way around.

• Like 5

Safety is our No.1 priority,’ new Dreamworld chief

DECEMBER 06, 2018

DREAMWORLD’S new boss will “bring back the wow factor” along with airline-style safety as part of a $40 million makeover to return the theme park to its former glory.

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail, new chief executive officer John Osborne said the 2016 Thunder River Rapids tragedy reduced him to tears.

The park’s owner, Ardent Leisure, has been under siege since the 2016 tragedy and the harrowing coronial inquest that followed.

Mr Osborne, the former head of hotel and resort chains over a 25-year career in the tourism industry, said he already had high hopes for Dreamworld’s ability to return to the glory years he remembered as a frequent visitor over the past 30 years.

A new state-of-the-art flying theatre simulator ride will open within weeks as part of a $40 million expansion designed to bring back crowds.

New Dreamworld CEO John Osborne has high hopes for Dreamworld’s ability to return to the glory years he remembered as a frequent visitor over the past 30 years. Picture: Nigel Hallett

He said his personal affinity with the park meant the accident in which Kate Goodchild, Luke Dorsett, Roozi Araghi and Cindy Low were killed reduced him to tears.

“I, like I guess everybody else in Australia, shed a tear when I saw it on television on the evening news,” he said.

“Some of the great times we had as a young family were here … I always thought it was the biggest and the best theme park in Australia.

“I was thinking of the families (of the victims) and of the first responders and what a terrible tragedy it was.”

He said he also felt compelled to help – an opportunity which eventually came knocking, replacing acting chief executive Nicole Noye, who had filled the role since the shock departure of long-term boss Craig Davidson in July.

A panel of workplace health and safety experts has proposed sweeping changes to theme park safety during the final days of the inquest into the Dreamworld ride tragedy. Four people were killed in October, 2016, when the Thunder River Rapids ride malfunctioned at the Gold Coast theme park. The inquiry is in its fourth round of hearings and is expected to conclude on Friday. Image: News Corp Australia

Mr Osborne, who quietly started his new role just over a month ago, said he had great faith that Dreamworld could reverse its fortunes.

“I pick up the vibe that everybody that I have spoken to really wants to see Dreamworld recover,” he said.

He said winning over the public with Dreamworld’s safety standards and bringing back “the wow factor” would be key elements to the revival.

“Safety is obviously the No.1 thing – that is our No.1 priority,” he said. “We need to demonstrate to the public that Dreamworld is an extremely safe place.”

Dreamworld has already moved to raise standards, looking to the aviation industry for inspiration.

“Aviation is considered by most people to be the benchmark for safety and I think there is a lot of similarities with what we do here,” said Mr Osborne. “We are adopting many of the things that the aviation industry does in terms of safety.”

Geoff Sartori, a former safety adviser at Qantas, has been appointed as an independent external safety adviser.

Mr Osborne said millions of dollars were also being spent on a revamp.

In addition to the new flying theatre, a concept all the rage in other parts of the world, a massive expansion is under way at neighbouring WhiteWater World which will add a tropical oasis-themed precinct featuring rides, beaches, a river system and wildlife-watching.

• Like 2

The above article appears in todays Courier Mail, and I have to say it all looks like very good news to me (with the exception of the statement that SkyVoyager will open "within the next few weeks", as I thought it was due to open Boxing Day)!

Nevertheless, if it's going to take a few weeks to ensure it's SAFE to open, that's ok by me. 

Another word in Dreamworlds favour. Whilst Movie World has frequent appearances by DC Comics and Warner Bros characters, and that's brilliant, none of them are the original actors. They are all just park employees in costumes. 

Dreamworld on the other hand has frequent appearances by the actual REAL Wiggles! 

These are kids characters, so I'm not their biggest fan, but they are genuinely famous! I have friends in the UK whose kids watch The Wiggles on TV and love them!

Not saying anything bad about Movie World. Just think Dreamworld deserves a bit more support on here!

20181223_100557.jpg

12 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Another word in Dreamworlds favour. Whilst Movie World has frequent appearances by DC Comics and Warner Bros characters, and that's brilliant, none of them are the original actors. They are all just park employees in costumes. 

Dreamworld on the other hand has frequent appearances by the actual REAL Wiggles! 

These are kids characters, so I'm not their biggest fan, but they are genuinely famous! I have friends in the UK whose kids watch The Wiggles on TV and love them!

Not saying anything bad about Movie World. Just think Dreamworld deserves a bit more support on here!

20181223_100557.jpg

Are you referring to Wags, Feathersword and Rosey? 

8 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Push, don’t get too excited they are just folks at the entertainment team at DW 

To be fair, the ones in that photo are. Not the best example. What I said above remains true though. I'm sure I saw several of the real Wiggles at Dreamworld about a week ago. 

I posted photos of them earlier in this thread. 

By the way, rest assured I wouldn't be excited even if one of them spoke to me personally. 

Actually, I was on a plane with 3 of the original Wiggles once. They were sat just the other side of the same aisle as me!

Chatted with them for a while. Quite interesting. Still not exciting! 

Edited by pushbutton

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

To be fair, the ones in that photo are. Not the best example. What I said above remains true though. I'm sure I saw several of the real Wiggles at Dreamworld about a week ago. 

I posted photos of them earlier in this thread. 

By the way, rest assured I wouldn't be excited even if one of them spoke to me personally. 

Actually, I was on a plane with 3 of the original Wiggles once. They were sat just the other side of the same aisle as me!

Chatted with them for a while. Quite interesting. Still not exciting! 

So Dreamworld gets favour for costume characters whilst Movie World doesn’t?