Aquaman – The Exhibition at Movie World

rac2703

Not a huge fan of the partly closed roller shutter and entry otherwise mostly blocked by a curtain look.

Not a huge fan of the partly closed roller shutter and entry otherwise mostly blocked by a curtain look.

1544678366644542483897.jpg

Once inside  (for those who ignore the signs to the contrary and assume it is open anyway), it's a very good exhibition, if a bit small.

A good start at bringing a bit of movie magic back to Movie World. Let's hope it continues and gets bigger and better. 

• Like 5

From all that I’ve seen of it so far through photos, it does look really good.

Just an idea, If it proves popular and they continue to have a new exhibit every 6-12 months, it would be good to relocate to the current dodgems area, and get rid of all those arcade games (Just like they did with HP and Matrix). They could then even have two running at once. And that frees up the sound stage, if they ever decide to bring back a show

3 hours ago, themagician said:

From all that I’ve seen of it so far through photos, it does look really good.

Just an idea, If it proves popular and they continue to have a new exhibit every 6-12 months, it would be good to relocate to the current dodgems area, and get rid of all those arcade games (Just like they did with HP and Matrix). They could then even have two running at once. And that frees up the sound stage, if they ever decide to bring back a show

But then you'd lose the dodgems. Sometimes if I want to get out of the sun, or I just want a calm, quiet ride dodgems are perfect. 

I think one exhibition like this is enough, unless they were to bring back other aspects of the old studio tour attractions, but hopefully they could either use one of the other studios, or build a new shed if they did that. The space at the front of the park where the old stars bar is could be used. 

I just hope it's a success so we see more of this sort of thing. I can't see it having much repeat value for locals, but it is an air conditioned attraction that literally anyone can check out. A small amount of behind the scenes and attractions for everyone are exactly what MW could do with.

Ultimately what I'd love to see is a more classic brightly lit pristine museum with lots of different items from lots of movies, with a flex space off to the side with revolving exhibitions on what just finished at the studios. Ideally at the front of the park for all those grandparents looking for something to do while the kids are off queuing for Hyper coaster and Superman. 

As it is, I'm pretty pleased with this as an attraction though. I don't think it'll do much to move the needle on attendance and I don't think it has massive staying power, but I think having something that people can have a breather like this with is important, and does give MW that behind the scenes element it's been missing for a while, AND ties in the park with the studios next door. Good move!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, joz said:

I just hope it's a success so we see more of this sort of thing. I can't see it having much repeat value for locals, but it is an air conditioned attraction that literally anyone can check out. A small amount of behind the scenes and attractions for everyone are exactly what MW could do with.

There's definitely a market for "things that grandparents can enjoy with the grandkids". Only have to look at Disney to see how successful an all-ages attraction can be, even if it's not the most thrilling or has the newest technology. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...