What would you name your ride/coaster?

inTIMidated

• 6 months later...

Accelerator coaster; Turbo or Full Throttle for a huge one. Inverted coaster; Pheonix Giga coaster; Giant Space themed floorless coaster; Final Flight Inverted impulse coaster; Thrust Large Corkscrew rollercoaster; Great Australian Scream Machine!!! (bigger and better than the American ones) Flying Coaster; Fly (how original) Jungle themed gyro swing; Tarantula Wooden coaster; Vengeance

That would kill a person lol. But i think astronaut training things go to 11.5g's
yeah but they wear g-suits dont forget... the typical human can only withstand around 4-6 g for a few seconds (with no g-suit) before you black out.... i have no idea what the harmful range is for humans but it wouldnt be much more then that id guess. your neck would be most at risk of injury (same as in car accidents) I did read somewhere that its been tested that humans can withstand without serious injury, a loading of 50g if they are propperly supported and face an impact backwards. if anyone on this site wants to go test if that information is correct....be my guest :D:D:D:D:D:D:D UPDATE TO POST: Ive just been informed that: 1 for a trained pilot using a g-suit the typical g-loading range is +7-7.5g 2 a person will blackout at a g-loading of +2 during deaceleration where you are facing forwards or if a person is accelerated head first (ie lying down) 3 a person can withstand around 10g of forward facing acceleration for a few seconds.. mmm pretty interesting :eek:

I would guess the difference between a ride such as TOT is that it pulls those kind of g-loads only on launch and braking. For a ride such as Cyclone or Lethal Weapon the majority of the higher g-forces are felt throughout the various elements of the ride (loops etc). There would be a safety issue with "normal" (circuit style coasters) generating too much of a g-load on its trains and riders as if the experience is too intense you run the risk of injuring passengers and trains flying off tracks (in exterme cases) because the forces felt are not always caused by acceleration or braking, there is sideways and sudden up and down action happening. these effect the body differently and the body can sustain safely different amounts of g-load depending on which direction the force is apon your body...the same as in a car accident your at greatest risk of injury head on...if you had the same impact facing backwards yoru body can handle it better and youd have a better chance of being less injured or less dead :D With TOT as i said before the maximum g-loads are felt on launch and braking...im sure for anyone who has ridden tot you would have been told to keep yout head against head rest. This obviously would be to minmize the risk of hurting peoples necks and banging heads on the seat if your holding your head forward.