Superman Escape gift shop removed

themagician

55 minutes ago, themagician said:

I do like what they have done theming wise to make it feel like the MRT ticket booth/station, but also feels like a waste of space. 

Kinda looks like a missed chance to do something with combining the photo screens & ticket window somehow.

Some additional lockers could also have gone in towards the external door.

• Richard changed the title to Superman Escape gift shop removed

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm reminded of the queue relocation for ToT, and am thankful they just decided to TRY linking the theme.

Sure, theres plot holes you can shoot an MRT train through... but its a nice try on an attraction that is otherwise not receiving any significant upgrades to draw people back, and therefore probably wasn't on the CAPEX list for this year.

As the station is unnamed, simply give it a name and update the TV monitors so that it is perhaps the end of one of the lines shown in the queue. Isn't the 'earthquake' meant to be have been caused by Lex Luthor, so would only be localised anyway? 

But all of that costs money and provides no return on investment to the average guest.

I'd prefer them spend the money on the doors and (better) air cooling systems to be honest.

Edited by red dragin

Why bunch all the screens into such a small corner? Look how much space there is! Spread them out a little. Also Jet Rescue's exit being awful does not excuse this. It's pretty poor.

Sorry just trying to get back to normal by having a rage about something that doesn't really matter after raging about something that very much does.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, joz said:

Why bunch all the screens into such a small corner? Look how much space there is! Spread them out a little.

Only thing I can think of is that the little 'self service barcode scannery things are all connected back to one source, and it was all set up by the contractor with the small space in mind (like rivals) - and now its too much effort to get it rewired to spread them out, as that would involve running cables through the walls, or purchasing additional devices to power each screen due to the distance, rather than running several off one.

*i have no idea how these are actually set up - just spitballing

**as i mentioned before, because SE likely didn't have anything set aside for capex, they're probably working on a shoestring

***pretty much everything else they've done is cosmetic

****i realise there's a number of flaws in my theory, but i'm sure somewhere in there is probably the truth as to why they're all bunched up at one end.