IAAPA 2018

xRazzBerryx

With IAAPA 2018 currently underway, I want to know your thoughts on the newest attractions & what are your favourites. 

My favourite that has been announced so far has to be Dynamic Attraction’s ‘Duel Power Coaster’. To me this looks like Radiator Springs Racers, crossed with Indiana Jones... on steroids! If themed well, it seems like it would be an amazing experience. 

https://youtu.be/KeRhHO_9I-A

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SuperV said:

@GoGoBoy TPR use to do full interviews but they have stopped that in recent years, unfortunately. The best coverage I find is In The Loop in YouTube, their videos come out a little later than other channels but the interviews are really enjoyable!

Ok great I’ll look out for those. I’m a big fan of In The Loop. Especially The Legend’s park tours and reviews.

What’s up with TPR not doing interviews or any extended videos anymore? What’s the point of TPR anymore? Just offering a hard-to-follow forum?

Edited by GoGoBoy

15 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

TPR did post this tho, VR water slides. These seems different.

FD55173D-B592-463F-A324-CD8A743EA171.thumb.png.71d3dc4d80b9d99d363892bf5ebb3a38.png

Looks like a recipe for disaster. Coasters you can easily chuck VR on because you can map their precise movements. Water slides not the case - I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a very nauseating experience.

21 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

I’m looking for the best coverage but not much has been released yet.

Here's some information that you may find useful:

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

My favourite that has been announced so far has to be Dynamic Attraction’s ‘Duel Power Coaster’. To me this looks like Radiator Springs Racers, crossed with Indiana Jones... on steroids! If themed well, it seems like it would be an amazing experience. 

https://youtu.be/KeRhHO_9I-A

86D605FF-781E-4072-9CA4-7367255EFD9E.thumb.jpeg.0a993c14bcbf26ef1c9de888aced9347.jpeg

Meanwhile our parks are winning prizes for designing a hat 😅

Was just watching this video from In The Loop & again the biggest thing to stand out for me in their video was Dynamic Attractions. There is a video at 11:50 that shows off all of their work. 

I also saw in this video that it shows the theme parks they have worked with.. & it shows Movie World?! 

7BB7645F-0452-4A3A-A159-62899A5ADB38.thumb.jpeg.6f3e05c22fbf43f669a6ef06b5de899c.jpeg

I then checked their website & it shows no sign of them ever working with Movie World. 

B3FA4984-57E0-49AA-B78E-50A8B3C1A099.thumb.jpeg.228fd68d90da85b437a36a126cb3687c.jpeg

Assuming this video was only just recently made, does this mean Dynamic Attractions is currently working with MovieWorld? Does anybody know if they have worked with them before? Or am I just jumping the gun... 😂 (most likely) 

• Like 2

I know Bikash from VTP was there. 

He posted a few Instagram videos over the couple of days from the floor. 

Seems a deal was struck for a integrated ticketing system:

ORLANDO, Fla.Nov. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- accesso Technology Group plc (AIM: ACSO) and Village Roadshow Theme Parks, Australia's largest theme park operator, today announced a partnership that marks the first holistic integration of the accesso queuing, ticketing and guest experience management solutions tailored to the attractions industry.

Through this partnership, unveiled at the IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlandoaccesso will bring its technology to Village Roadshow Theme Parks' primary Gold Coast properties – Warner Bros. Movie World, Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Sea World (Australia) – building on its history of delivering award-winning solutions that redefine the guest experience and drive revenue growth for more than 1,000 clients around the globe.

By integrating accesso Passport®accesso LoQueueSM and The Experience Engine™ (TE2), technologies across three properties, Village Roadshow Theme Parks will set a new operational standard for the attractions industry, engaging with guests at every potential touchpoint and gathering critical data each step of the way – from the moment they decide to purchase a ticket, through their time onsite and once they've returned home. 

This announcement marks the latest development in accesso and Village Roadshow Theme Parks' relationship, following the installation of the accesso Passport product suite earlier this year at several of the operator's Australian attractions.

"As Australia's leading theme park operator, we are committed to seeking out new and innovative ways to drive revenue while delivering unforgettable experiences for our guests," said Bikash Randhawa, Chief Operating Officer for Village Roadshow Theme Parks. "We are thrilled to expand even further on our partnership with Accesso and look forward to benefiting from the implementation of its powerful, comprehensive range of solutions."

This unprecedented integration will allow Village Roadshow Theme Parks to drive revenue through the delivery of seamless mobile ticketing and eCommerce experiences; purchasing capability for retail and meals; real-time, personalized communication at every step along the guest journey; and, much more.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks' guests will benefit from the integration, as well, with access to hassle-free booking capabilities across all three properties and deeply personalized, immersive in-park experiences. 

"We are incredibly proud to expand our relationship with Village Roadshow Theme Parks and showcase the capabilities of our award-winning technology," said Paul Nolandaccesso CEO. "In today's technology-driven landscape, a new bar has been set for the guest experience and, through this integration, we are re-envisioning how operators can make lasting connections with guests."

• Like 1

You can see Intamin have been inspired by all the stuff other manufacturers have been doing recently. It's amazing to see. There's hints of RMC's insanity, DC Rivals, even stuff we've never seen before. I bet the designers for these layouts are ecstatic they've finally been able to let all their best ideas out thanks to these projects. That multi launch is just ridiculous! The launches being in between bunny hills, and the craziest switch track placement we've ever seen. Not been the biggest fan of off axis hills I've ridden, but that one on the coaster for Belgium looks like it'll actually work really well and be death defying and disorientating. Imagine it in the back row!

I'm sure I'll be able to ride both pretty close to their opening dates, if not ON their opening days. Exciting times ahead!

• Like 2

On 15/11/2018 at 7:02 PM, Santa07 said:

Looks like a recipe for disaster. Coasters you can easily chuck VR on because you can map their precise movements. Water slides not the case - I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a very nauseating experience.

I disagree. With the accelerometers in smartphones being able to be used to accurately measure things using a camera, and act as a spirit level, among other things, I don't think it would be hard to create a 3D VR world that you are able to spatially move around inside of, without being restricted to a single track line. Hell - VR could do this in the early 90's... so its not that far fetched given the 3D video style implementation on coasters so far...

Another good interview at IAAPA to share! This time it's Maximilian Roeser from Mack Rides answering questions for Theme Park Crazy.

Max is definitely passionate about the industry - approachable but also brilliant in knowing how to communicate the great work of his company. Mack is ceetainly having a great momentum building some high-scale rides, I'm certainly curious to try some of these in the near future. Maybe coming to Movie World to see you then ;)

• Like 5