Gumbuya World New Ride Announcement

Jobe

Gumbuya World have announced on their Facebook site the installation of a brand new ride for the Summer season. They are installing a KMG Inversion ride identical  to the travelling version XXXL that makes its way on the east coast for Goldenway amusements. This marks the first real thrill ride for Gumbuya World and is the first major investment in the 12 months since it has been refurbished and reopened. This represents a positive step for the park and is a good indication that the park is travelling in the right direction and is a massive vote of confidence in the ongoing viability of the park.

Coupled with this is the fact that Gumbuya still have the recently purchased Plunge slide from Seaworld yet to be installed and things are looking quite good for the park and its immediate future.

image.thumb.png.3041e91fc9409b9d671215fae7b79193.png

image.thumb.png.3371698c3c607d4e69b633fd185425f5.pngimage.png

Whilst this is a great confidence booster for the park, I do think that this ride installation may not come at exactly the right time. This is a high thrill ride that for mine does not really fill the demographics of the target audience that the park currently attracts.I think that one or two more family thrill attractions would be a better fit for the park at this stage in its life cycle. However, it may hint at more attractions to come and if so, then this could be the spring board to continued investment in the park. This could be a very good thing for the Victorian theme park landscape and could be the catalyst for continued investment for not only Adventure Park and Funfields, but also finally for some major reinvestment for Luna Park Melbourne.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 3

It's a bloody fantastic and punchy ride and it really wont be for everyone but I think it's a great idea on Gumbuya's part. A cheap thrill ride to go with the mix of family rides and attractions in the park. It'll definitely draw the older and more thrill orientated crowds instead of being focussed mainly at families with younger kids.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

We have a KMG Inversion model traveling which is called Rebel which is pictured above? Did they by chances amusements traveling Rebel? Or hired it for summer or have they gone and brought a new one?

Good question- its one that has not been clearly defined. Its quite possible that this is only a seasonal attraction., although at this stage the park has certainly not marketed it as such. Lets assume its a permanent ride until we learn otherwise.

The park has confirmed that the Rebel World is a permanent attraction beyond just this season. However, it may still be a temporary attraction with a tenure of a 2 + years given the language that they used to respond.

Rebel World is going to be a member of the Gumbuya family for at least the foreseeable future 🙂

Good news for the park and its aim to position itself as a major player in the Victorian market.

One has to assume it is the travelling Rebel. They've called it Rebel World, probably as a tie-in to the park's "world" set up.

Ironically, an up and comer books a traveller for a while - we're over the moon for what it means for the park's future.

Meanwhile, Sea World goes and books a traveller for a while - and we're decrying the end of the theme park... lol.

53 minutes ago, AlexB said:

One has to assume it is the travelling Rebel. They've called it Rebel World, probably as a tie-in to the park's "world" set up.

Ironically, an up and comer books a traveller for a while - we're over the moon for what it means for the park's future.

Meanwhile, Sea World goes and books a traveller for a while - and we're decrying the end of the theme park... lol.

Ha you are right. However , a ride of this scale means a great deal more for a small park like Gumbuya World than it does for an established and much older park like Seaworld. The irony is that if the Skyflyer was announced for Gumbuya World , then we would probably all be praising its installation. Seaworld has the capacity and has done in the past to do so much better. Its an understandable reaction I guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

So it will be installed permanently ?

As far as I know yes.... Not sure if they'll make any modifications to make it look like more of a permanent attraction, but KMG Don't really do highly themed park attractions, so it's always going to look like a transportable model parked for an event or show.

• Like 4

Looks like they just plonked it down in a free space, and stuck 'Gumbuya World' logos all over the ride 😕. Lazy and tacky. Certainly makes Gumbuya World look more like the melbourne show, than an up and coming theme park. Great ride, sad that it won't be on the travelling circuit for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

On 25/11/2018 at 8:44 AM, Luke said:

Looks like they just plonked it down in a free space, and stuck 'Gumbuya World' logos all over the ride 😕. Lazy and tacky. Certainly makes Gumbuya World look more like the melbourne show, than an up and coming theme park. Great ride, sad that it won't be on the travelling circuit for the foreseeable future.

don't worry you've always got XXXL.... and the Beast

• Like 1

On 23/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, HussRainbow87 said:

As far as I know yes.... Not sure if they'll make any modifications to make it look like more of a permanent attraction, but KMG Don't really do highly themed park attractions, so it's always going to look like a transportable model parked for an event or show.

I was at Gumbuya last Saturday night, my first visit since the total revamp, and I rode the rebel (my head was so dizzy for about half an hour after!). I agree that it looks totally out of place. They are installing some permanent paths and queue lines to the ride but unfortunately it will always looks like a travelling carnival ride no matter what they do.

Edited by melbourne_guy

If they are paying less than the” large and costly attractions"(as you said).   That is the cheap option.

The smart move would've been to dress it up.  They even kept the tacky control booth. 

Gumbuya World put no thought or effort into this ride which is a huge statement about the direction of the park.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1