Experience a Magical Night of Festivities with Warner Bros. Movie World's White Christmas

Parkz News

• 2 weeks later...

Little disappointed 

arkham asylum closed when open on Halloween (Scooby doo still closed)

nothing in the Hollywood stunt area could of had a chrismas show for the family

aquaman exhibit closed at night  

Still a good night but a lot less for the money, so much extra activity’s that cost extra $, depends on how many kids you have 

@Rabbit2014 no point getting all uppity about attraction closures that are perfectly reflected on the white Christmas website. AA was not in the list of open rides, nor is Aquaman listed as an open attraction. HWSD arena has never been utilised at Christmas, and people stand around main st all night to have the best vantage point for the parade which is the major attraction of the evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

@Rabbit2014 no point getting all uppity about attraction closures that are perfectly reflected on the white Christmas website. AA was not in the list of open rides, nor is Aquaman listed as an open attraction. HWSD arena has never been utilised at Christmas, and people stand around main st all night to have the best vantage point for the parade which is the major attraction of the evening. 

But why have aquaman open day not night, why give less, why not use HWSD arena, chrismas is about giving and the paying public seem to get less for chrismas then what they give for Halloween, and I understand people want best spots for the parade but getting from Main Street to Santa village area is hard to get around for people in wheel chairs and prams. Look white chrismas is a great event but it can be a lot better there is always room for improvement. I have gone to last 2 white chrismas and I have a head injury so my memory isn’t great but it felt the same as last year it hasn’t evolved much without paying extra . Halloween get new mazes, new shows, it keeps changing without paying extra. I live here I get to experience Each event. The majority of guest don’t visit often as the locals.

I just feel it could be Better, that my opinion, everyone can feel different about it but doesn’t really matter does it I will be back next year

Other news  I love that the green lantern audio is working again, 4 ride every time it worked that’s commitment from movieworld for fixing it

Of course anything can be improved, but unlike FNs, WC pulls massive crowds each and every night and is a family event. Kids don’t mind doing the same thing once a year, nothing has changed for several years and that’s because for the most part it meets the expectations of its target market. FNs has to evolve yearly (and isn’t doing too great a job of it) because it’s target, teens and young adults, won’t keep coming back for the same thing.

there is no way to stop people congregating on the parade route from rope drop, the same occurred when Carnivale was at MW, and happens for an hour prior to the 3:30pm parade each day. 

1 hour ago, Gary86 said:

The bus I was on from Dreamworld to Helensvale station took an hour this evening due to a massive amount of people trying to get into Movie World. They need more nights and less people to avoid overcrowding and massive traffic jams. 

It’s not MW’s responsibility that motorists can’t forward plan and stupidly stack back onto the M1 Helensvale north exit, when they could easily get off before at Oxenford or after at Helensvale South and access the entry via Entertainment rd in under 5 mins (I do this every year). MW is also not to blame for the ridiculous road network that hasn’t been upgraded in 20 years despite the northern Gold Coast having a 1000% population increase in those 2 decades