Reviews & Reactions - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: Next Generation

ejpdtd

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on the ride for the first time since reopening, and it’s shit. I honestly preferred it when there was no theming, because some of what they’ve got is embarrassing in its current state. The screens are a cool touch, but don’t live up to what the ride used to be. And when the animation is that bad, out of time, and so loud, it ruins it. The screens in the lift were the worst of them all. The rock wasn’t in time at all, and then it just ends and scrappy is there in front of black. There were a couple of couple lighting effects in the disco room, but no smoke at all today. The mirrored room was cool, but pointless. The last scene, again, bad animation. The last drop before the station had cool theming, and the screen that try’s to scare you is also pretty good.

Someone did say at some point that Scooby doesn’t make an appearance at all. He still is at the start in the Knight suit, but he’s too the right more and in bad lighting so he’s easily missed.

The whole queue area was still dark, and no curtain separating the two sides currently.

After spending apparently so much money on this ride, it’s difficult to see where it’s been spent. I would have rathered they just put back everything that was originally there, and add some projection mapping to add to what was there. Honestly the best part of the refurb was the exterior repaint.  

• Like 5

Finally made it up from Melbourne to get on the ride this week. Late January, STILL in technical rehearsals. First projection screen when you enter wasn’t working. Instead of the dragon I’ve seen in the videos it was a projected logo on a black screen. Biiiiit embarrassing at this stage of reopen. Would have forgiven it, but the rest of the ride was... incredibly underwhelming. I only went to the Gold Coast for the first time after the original theming was removed, but I HONESTLY preferred the ride in pitch black with no theming. The animations are awful (worse quality than the film by a long shot), the TV screens and Scrappy animations on the lift were cringey, there is still darkness and no mist in the disco room. Heard it was closing again in June for a bit so they can add the mist and more lighting. Hope they do it tbh. The way they’ve marketed and hyped this ride is suuuuper misleading. If they weren’t ready to open, they shouldn’t have opened. But honestly idk what improvements they can make that would really help, short of re-animating the projections and screen content altogether. 

Honestly, the Justice League themeing is SIGNIFICANTLY better overall imo. And with the quality of the Arkham VR I really was expecting something much closer to brilliant than what we got. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Working on a name said:

How the he did that get approved! Why does the CG look like a ps1 game? And why is the disco room still broken. At this point I lost hope in movie world putting out a good ride again. 

DCR says hello. 

There is no doubt SDSC 2.0 isn’t great, but to say they don’t have the ability to put out a good ride is ridiculous given the last new ride addition was amongst the best coasters globally 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Working on a name said:

Yeah but coasters aren't exactly groundbreaking rides. 

Tell that to coasters like lightning rod, millennium force, dodononpa, time traveller, and the beast (I could really go on forever with a list of groundbreaking coasters, these are just a few that popped into my head). ToT was groundbreaking at the time and DC Rivals was certainly groundbreaking for Mack.

Good News about the light effects, but first has anyone here actually bothered to ask the operators what’s going on? I did and when you do you find out a lot (May depend on the staff there at the time). 

Anyway, they have add more lighting to the dark ride to highlight the props/walls/lamps and Scooby at the first corner. More lights to come to section after the “disco” room. 

They are in the process of getting the ride completed (smoke and lasers) but are having delays with an external company. 

Also the ride operator finds it funny that people on here complain about things, but never speak to them about it...

The thing is, all the new video, the designs, etc, plus probably how it was implemented in the ride had to be signed off by whoever has the rights to scooby doo. So someone else actually thought the new animation and the ride was up to standard to allow them to use it and open to the public. The park would still pay a licencing fee and have it authorised even if its owned by warner bros. 

Just hid 41 45 46 posts that definitely went beyond our guidelines, including:

• Certain topics should not be discussed.
  • A friendly & helpful attitude is expected at all times.
  • Users are limited to a single account at all times.
  • Promotion (or using Parkz to sell stuff without our consent)

The moderating team follow @Richard's lead in trying to be as hands-off as possible, not because we don't care but because we're simply not interested in being adjudicators/babysitters in member squabbles. Rather, we'd like to see robust, adult conversation about theme parks, and in this case, we're here to ensure that doesn't get too weird.

The message going forward from me is that when you're on here you simply try be decent human beings - no means no, do unto others, don't cause un-necessary drama etc. etc.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

Just hid 41 45 posts that definitely went beyond our guidelines, including:

• Certain topics should not be discussed.
  • A friendly & helpful attitude is expected at all times.
  • Users are limited to a single account at all times.
  • Promotion (or using Parkz to sell stuff without our consent)

The moderating team follow @Richard's lead in trying to be as hands-off as possible, not because we don't care but because we're simply not interested in being adjudicators/babysitters in member squabbles. Rather, we'd like to see robust, adult conversation about theme parks, and in this case, we're here to ensure that doesn't get too weird.

Will @Slick I am trying to get evidence because when the judge finally asked for the evidence when one of us points to this website and all the evidence is deleted you and all of your moderators will be dragged in to this and you will probably all go to jail for attempted of cort, So unless you want all of that on your burden that’s fine with me because I really do not want all of us to be riving in jail or pain in one of your guys money because of a stupid video. So we need to think of an easy solution to all of this problem and one of us needs our account permanently deleted now you’re probably going to delete mine and I respect that decision.

Just now, FireBall85 said:

Will @Slick I am trying to get evidence because when the judge finally asked for the evidence when one of us points to this website and all the evidence is deleted you and all of your moderators will be dragged in to this and you will probably all go to jail for attempted of cort, So unless you want all of that on your burden that’s fine with me because I really do not want all of us to be riving in jail or pain in one of your guys money because of a stupid video. So we need to think of an easy solution to all of this problem and one of us needs our account permanently deleted now you’re probably going to delete mine and I respect that decision.

I'm totally okay living with that burden. ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FireBall85 said:

Will @Slick

when the judge finally asked for

all the evidence is deleted

go to jail for attempted of cort,

all of us to be riving in jail

So we need to think of an easy solution to all of this problem

Well, Slick...

finally asks for

It's not deleted...

39 minutes ago, Slick said:

Just hid 41 45 46 posts that definitely went beyond our guidelines

...just hidden, so a court order would easily obtain the "evidence"

CONtempt of court.

Wut?

Everyone reading this thread has already thought of an easy solution - it requires you to do something, however. I figured since it won't shut up, and there's more posts to hide, that this one won't matter too much...

*that feeling you get when you click 'submit reply' and your post appears immediately.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

I finally got a ride on SDSC over the weekend and I'm lost for words.   It makes one think MW purchased some tv's from JB, went to Tafe Queensland and employed the first pimple face kid doing a certificate in Graphic Design. 

But did you take a video for dear old Fireball?