Reviews & Reactions - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: Next Generation

ejpdtd

Is it possible that the lack of theming for the new ride is because of forces somewhat out of their control? 

In 2015 they announced a new animated Scooby Doo movie. To be released in September 2018. Could MW have been planning a new overlay for the ride based on this new movie? A December 2018 reopening of the ride with a completely new theme matching the new movie would have been wonderfully synergistic.

Then in May 2017 that new movie was delayed until 2020.

If the ride needed an update anyway, to fix physical ride issues, rather than just show issues, they might not have been able to delay the maintenance.

But given the timetable, is it not possible that they'd locked in contractors and supplies to do this upgrade, and then had to scramble to retrofit a "reworking" of the existing theme because WB would no way want some backwater park in Australia to be the first to reveal design/plot details of their new animated movie 2 years before the actual movie's premiere?

And they obviously cannot come out and just say that this is the case either.

• Like 1

Speaking of scooby props - I've been out to WnW a few times recently, and spotted props from the Scooby film in and around Calypso Beach. Can anyone tell me how long they've been there for? It's been a few years since I was last at WnW (post constrictor, pre WnWJr.), and I don't recall seeing them last time i was there..

I was told that the reason there's no fog is that it was found the correct filters for the projection gear hadn't been specified/ordered, so therefore it's running without it until that stuff eventually arrives and is signed-off.

I rode the ride a few days ago and honestly... what a mess.  The projection in the lift is out of sync front vs side and it's just way too close.  It also makes not a lick of sense.  The AR-projection earlier in the ride was frozen on a still from a much earlier ride and there was a Windows 7 error message projected on the wall to the right of it.  Several of the set elements in the dark ride section are unlit.  The lasers in the dark ride section are on but ineffective without aforementioned fog.

All-in-all we were left scratching our heads at how something like this could happen, given shortly afterward we rode Arkham with VR.  How can a park that is capable of something of the standard of Arkham VR also produce something like Scooby 2.0?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, webslave said:

I was told that the reason there's no fog is that it was found the correct filters for the projection gear hadn't been specified/ordered, so therefore it's running without it until that stuff eventually arrives and is signed-off.

I rode the ride a few days ago and honestly... what a mess.  The projection in the lift is out of sync front vs side and it's just way too close.  It also makes not a lick of sense.  The AR-projection earlier in the ride was frozen on a still from a much earlier ride and there was a Windows 7 error message projected on the wall to the right of it.  Several of the set elements in the dark ride section are unlit.  The lasers in the dark ride section are on but ineffective without aforementioned fog.

All-in-all we were left scratching our heads at how something like this could happen, given shortly afterward we rode Arkham with VR.  How can a park that is capable of something of the standard of Arkham VR also produce something like Scooby 2.0?

Wow. It really makes you wonder what did they do with all that money they got to upgrade that ride I know some of that went to actually upgrading it but did some of it went to pay off one of them right employees drugs debts as well?

On 11/03/2019 at 11:35 AM, lversase said:

You can agree with me or not on this one. But it seems like it’s the beginning of the end for Scooby.

So the ride is still no where near what was expected (especially after watching the TVC). Every time I ride it, I just miss the old version more and more. And maintenance isn’t even due until the END of the year. (let’s hope they can incorporate everything and fix whatever until then)

After investing “$1 million” into re-doing a ride, you would imagine a better outcome. I took a closer look at some props and they looked like cheap props from the clearance section of Kmart after Halloween. (Excluding the re-used props and animatronics). It’s understandable that the $1 million was towards re-creating the set, re-painting the facade etc but if they were willing to keep scooby in action for a good 5-10 years they would’ve spent more than $1 million on cheap tv screens and poor animations.

There’s still no lasers or fog (as shown in the TVC). Effects and projections are either out of time or not working. The ride had potential, but it was all poorly executed.

The poor outcome of the ride suggests that MW doesn’t really care about the ride and is just doing a cheap revamp to keep guests coming in. They’ve stripped props from the queue, they havnt cleaned the dust off that jester in the loading station (it’s literally been like that forever). I won’t be surprised if in the next 5+ years they change the theme of the ride or completely remove it. This revamp is not promising..... And theoretically, Scooby Doo is not as popular as it used to be. 

Yes they spent $1 million on re-doing the ride but that’s not enough to create a ride that could even compare to the previous version. This revamp is just a way for MW to save money instead of creating a decent new ride. In the meantime they are probably saving to remove scooby and create a new attraction.

But who knows, there might be added effects soon and improvements to come...:)

I agree with you there and I hope there’s better stuff.com. But after spending $1 million you would expect the final product to look a little better even if they are working on it. Yes it is and it’s more accurate to the movie with love or hate the movie that’s a improvement. And one of the only good things in that ride so far is scrappy just like the movie ironically, but there are other good things about it to, But I’m just saying that compare to the original ride this is a major downgrade to a lot of people. Basically Warner Bros. just did what Disney did with the tiki room we were expecting something better but now we got the tiki room under new management basically for the Scooby Doo ride. A major downgrade from the original that only has one or two good things going for it. But still makes people missed the original more

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, FireBall85 said:

Has anything been done to upgrade the right recently

Well, the right-wing politicians in NSW were re-elected - so they don't need an upgrade right now.

In federal government, the Morrison government could do with an upgrade though, judging by opinion polls...

1 hour ago, FireBall85 said:

What does any of this have to do with the Scooby Doo ride

You asked if anything has happened to the right... 

On 26/03/2019 at 4:54 AM, FireBall85 said:

So after my very offensive joke which I apologize for. Has anything been done to upgrade the right recently

Right led to right wing politics 

which led to comparison between dreamworld and the government 

you started it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FireBall85 said:

So any improvements to the ride not the right I’m not making that stupid spelling mistake again

I wasn’t going to say anything but you are really starting to get on my nerves. If there was any improvements / changes they would of been uploaded here. If there is no new information about anything changing, then nothing has changed.

• Like 4