Reviews & Reactions - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: Next Generation

ejpdtd

• 1 month later...

So little update on the SDSC (nothing exciting)

rode it yesterday for the first time in a few months and not much change has happened still. no new lasers in the disco room, no upgrade to the poor animations / “projection mapping”. The queue is still bare, the only props remaining are the gargoyle fountain, the two knights by the entrance to the “hall” queue area and three gargoyle statues, other than that there is nothing on the walls. 

I’ve noticed that the doors at the loading station are opening/closing...however both sides of the door have a big portion removed (see my wonderful artwork interpretation below - red = part of doors that are removed , blue = part of doors that remain) I wonder if this means they’ll be restoring the doors.

Another thing I noticed is the big physical purple monster that hangs above you in the green screen section has been removed. But no big deal it looked cheap and ugly anyway lol. 

After riding it 3 times the animations at the cave scene at the end was frozen each time. Looks like there is still a lot of work to be done on getting the ride up to standards.

3CB39F88-1A25-43AF-9195-89F5F5F595F8.jpeg

165275B8-36B4-47C3-A5A9-947E11C8EE7B.png

Edited by lversase

10 hours ago, pushbutton said:

That sounds insane. It's only a simple matter of having a sensor attached to the doors that doesn't allow a car to proceed until the doors are open!

I have set these up at work. It really is very easy!

It's only an assumption on my part. 

But yeah, simple to have a guard beam, or even just make the section within the ride envelope from foam or similar. 

So those doors were always of a design that the currently ‘missing’ part was a crash door so that if a car was to hit then they would swing open. 

I think they were magnetic. 

Looks like the crash part has been removed. 

I’d say thanks to Dreamworld Australia will be forever limited in what’s possible to do with rides. 

• Like 2

So I recently got to ride Scooby (within the last two weeks) and I have no idea what the hell they did. My previous time before my current go was some two years ago. When it was nothing but a guttered out ride and resembled a "bunnings warehouse" more than a ride. back then it had more character at least.

I had not watched any POV of the ride so I went in somewhat blind. Kinda makes me wish I was actually blind now. It is such a terribly themed ride now. Apart from the Tiki section at the end.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, StingRay said:

I had not watched any POV of the ride so I went in somewhat blind

I did the same for my first ride and even with two beers it was still a major embarrassment to what it used to be. The ride itself is still fun just they have managed to install theming that makes the ride worse and into something I'd expect at a Chinese knock off park not an officially licensed by WB park.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I personally don't have a problem with the new theming, yes it could be improved but the ride is getting old and will probably only have 5-10 years of life left. 

I am happy with VRTP where they are spending money towards new rides such as DC rivals, New Wooden Rollercoaster at seaworld, a top spin, and a skyflyer. 

So essentially I don't think anymore money should be put towards the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster but only towards new attractions including the new area at SeaWorld that is to feature world class theming including water falls etc.