Reviews & Reactions - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: Next Generation

ejpdtd

That's what me and my friend thought as well, but not many people are going to get the connection I reckon as it's so haphazardly done.

As for the ride itself I was disappointed as the last scene before the drop as it didn't play and the green screen effect was not that great but it did work, my friend however thought the actual coaster ride itself was greatly improved. 

34 minutes ago, Taiko said:

That's what me and my friend thought as well, but not many people are going to get the connection I reckon as it's so haphazardly done.

As for the ride itself I was disappointed as the last scene before the drop as it didn't play and the green screen effect was not that great but it did work, my friend however thought the actual coaster ride itself was greatly improved. 

The actual coaster ride hasn't changed at all, surely? 

• 3 months later...

Yeah it sux. Kind of like the defunct Superstar Limo Dark ride at Disney in that It leaves you feeling a bit WTF just happened?

No idea why they can't at least put the Lasers back in and fill the place with fog to try and hide all the half arsed shithouseness mess but my guess is it's something to do with setting off smoke detectors and Fire Alarms throughout the building.

With nearly a year on since reopening I'm losing hope on seeing our SDSC returned to former glory. 

I would love to be proven wrong, of course we all would. MW is overdue for doing something impressive in the way of a visual/thematic experience.  Something that should very much be the type of ride they look at doing next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sarahscott said:

Yep, Movieworld should've listened to the many people that commented on the Facebook page saying how bad it was.

They didn’t aim to deliver something far removed from their initial plans, artwork and the TVC produced. My understanding is some very considerable and unforeseen roadblocks were put in front of them. 

The refurb of Scooby is alright but it needs improvement including lighting needs to be better on the animatronics, in the lift the tv should run from the floor of the lift to the top of the frame or ceiling. The final drop should still include the Scooby Doo animatronic. 

It's just basic things that would make this ride up to standard again. 

• Like 2

Hey guys! I know my name hasn’t popped up here in a long time I like to apologize for my actions and I do want to make an announcement that apparently movie World is actually going to update the Scooby Doo ride in November https://movieworld.com.au/park-info/maintenance-schedule I am not sure what they have planned but honestly watching the videos online I hope they really improve the special effects because for chrissakes a PlayStation 3 game can do better than the ride can at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, FireBall85 said:

Hey guys! I know my name hasn’t popped up here in a long time I like to apologize for my actions and I do want to make an announcement that apparently movie World is actually going to update the Scooby Doo ride in November https://movieworld.com.au/park-info/maintenance-schedule I am not sure what they have planned but honestly watching the videos online I hope they really improve the special effects because for chrissakes a PlayStation 3 game can do better than the ride can at this point in time.

It will just be General Mainteance 

Not long enough timeframe if they were to update it