ejpdtd

Reviews & Reactions - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: Next Generation

343 posts in this topic

Just went on Scooby - looks like they are playing the movie in the pre show area now instead of the behind the scenes stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althrough they only play the movie up to Scrappy Doo's reveal and then it's just the logo for the ride for a few minutes before the movie starts again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, that actually ties in well with the story - considering the next scene is what you get in the ride.

its still horribly executed, but at least someone was thinking of cohesion somewhere along the lines...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what me and my friend thought as well, but not many people are going to get the connection I reckon as it's so haphazardly done.

As for the ride itself I was disappointed as the last scene before the drop as it didn't play and the green screen effect was not that great but it did work, my friend however thought the actual coaster ride itself was greatly improved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Taiko said:

That's what me and my friend thought as well, but not many people are going to get the connection I reckon as it's so haphazardly done.

As for the ride itself I was disappointed as the last scene before the drop as it didn't play and the green screen effect was not that great but it did work, my friend however thought the actual coaster ride itself was greatly improved. 

The actual coaster ride hasn't changed at all, surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They thought it was smoother and ran better then it did before the refub. I couldn't really tell any difference myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Taiko said:

They thought it was smoother and ran better then it did before the refub. I couldn't really tell any difference myself.

Your friend has a bad memory, you don’t. The ride itself has not changed in any way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Taiko said:

but not many people are going to get the connection

When does scrappy appear in the film? isn't it after an hour or so?

So with your typical scooby queueline, you'd see the whole film to that point prior to boarding... so now its a legit pre-show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went on Scooby today and seems problems still haven't been phased out as screens were frozen . Hope these issues are rectified on its upcoming maintainance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it sux. Kind of like the defunct Superstar Limo Dark ride at Disney in that It leaves you feeling a bit WTF just happened?

No idea why they can't at least put the Lasers back in and fill the place with fog to try and hide all the half arsed shithouseness mess but my guess is it's something to do with setting off smoke detectors and Fire Alarms throughout the building.

With nearly a year on since reopening I'm losing hope on seeing our SDSC returned to former glory. 

I would love to be proven wrong, of course we all would. MW is overdue for doing something impressive in the way of a visual/thematic experience.  Something that should very much be the type of ride they look at doing next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sarahscott said:

Yep, Movieworld should've listened to the many people that commented on the Facebook page saying how bad it was.

They didn’t aim to deliver something far removed from their initial plans, artwork and the TVC produced. My understanding is some very considerable and unforeseen roadblocks were put in front of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The refurb of Scooby is alright but it needs improvement including lighting needs to be better on the animatronics, in the lift the tv should run from the floor of the lift to the top of the frame or ceiling. The final drop should still include the Scooby Doo animatronic. 

It's just basic things that would make this ride up to standard again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I know my name hasn’t popped up here in a long time I like to apologize for my actions and I do want to make an announcement that apparently movie World is actually going to update the Scooby Doo ride in November https://movieworld.com.au/park-info/maintenance-schedule I am not sure what they have planned but honestly watching the videos online I hope they really improve the special effects because for chrissakes a PlayStation 3 game can do better than the ride can at this point in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FireBall85 said:

Hey guys! I know my name hasn’t popped up here in a long time I like to apologize for my actions and I do want to make an announcement that apparently movie World is actually going to update the Scooby Doo ride in November https://movieworld.com.au/park-info/maintenance-schedule I am not sure what they have planned but honestly watching the videos online I hope they really improve the special effects because for chrissakes a PlayStation 3 game can do better than the ride can at this point in time.

It will just be General Mainteance 

Not long enough timeframe if they were to update it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

It will just be General Mainteance 

Not long enough timeframe if they were to update it 

But at this point in time anything is better than nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.