Alleged Attempted Abduction Movie World

rac2703

This post have been doing rounds on Facebook:

WARNING TO ANYONE GOING TO THEME PARKS over Christmas!!!!!
This is a pretty sensitive post and I still am a bit shaky typing it, but it was an eye opener and brought home a reality today at Movie World to trust NO-ONE. 
We witnessed an attempted child abduction, in bright sunlight, with many adults by and no protocol in place. 

Mum and  Scarlett were in the line for a kids car ride in a shed. I was sitting by the glass door watching. Scarlett was next on the ride and I saw a man jump the glass fence when the ride finished. Without realising, I didn't see him exit but you see some strange things and thought nothing of it as was getting ready to film Scarlett. Two little kids came out and then a Mother started screaming and running looking frantically for her son, who had not come off the ride by the exit. I overheard the young daughter say to the Mum that "the indian man we have been speaking to helped him out". I saw that Mother's whole life crash before and the look of pure fear washed over her. I ran over and we called security to help. This is the scariest part, Movie World had no systems in place for this! The staff were slow and unsure what to do, apart from call security. The poor Mum was in absolute shock, so I told her to show them a picture, get descriptions over the radio fast and close the park and call the police. One of the workers said, " What are you a copper?" And I yelled back "He's 3! This is too suss!" The Mum dropped to the floor and started praying to God. 
By the time the security arrived, other parents started searching too and then we got the call 10 mins of frantic searching he was found. The worst part, 50 metres from the exit, metres from us with the same man that jumped the fence. The same man who had preened them all day. 
The boy was returned to the Mother. It appears he jumped the glass door, took him through a back exit and was headed out the park. I believe reports are being followed up etc.

Such a warning to anyone in care of kids. I haven't ever experienced something so close to home that has scared me to the core!

Edited by rac2703

It’s being reposted on Movie Worlds page by numerous people, so who knows. 

Movie World are replying with a generic response:

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. As part of standard protocols, operations at Village Roadshow Theme Parks include an extensive security team and operational procedures to ensure all properties are safe and secure for our guests to enjoy. As always, the safety and security of our guests at all Village Roadshow Theme Park properties is our utmost priority. Please feel free to direct message us your contact details if you would like a member of our team to call you.

The first giveaway for me was the glass door bit.

the only ride this sounds like is Junior Driving School, and there's no glass door to that!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Oh, everyone except paranoid mothers and animal rights activists. I'm sure these 2 groups will be far too busy trying to cause panic to enjoy Christmas! 

Edited by pushbutton

Movie World has since commented:

We have conducted an investigation of this report with our security and operations teams and are pleased to advise you that there was no attempted abduction. The child left the ride and was safely reunited with his mother with in 5 minutes. 

We take the safety of our guests extremely seriously and have an extensive security team and operational procedures in place to ensure all  of our Theme Park properties are safe and secure for our guests to enjoy.  

As always, the safety and security of our guests at all Village Roadshow Theme Park properties is our utmost priority.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomiJ said:

I still thought this tooic was a funny read and I found movie worlds responses interesting. @Jdude95 as random this topic is. I'd rather people post something if THEY  think it might be interesting for others than not posting anything. 

So if I find a story about, say a new roller coaster coming to Movie World, even though it's total bullshit being presented as fact, I should post it here because it's interesting? Nah, I'd get my anus ripped through my nose for posting crap like that.

Because if people wanted click bait shit with little researched facts or information they would go to fine places like The Bulletin or one of the "big two" Gold Coast TV news. This kind of post reminds me of the scaremongering certain storm chasers do when it remotely looks like there are going to be storms in a few days time just without the "subscribe for detailed reports" part.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pin142 said:

This kind of post reminds me of the scaremongering certain storm chasers do when it remotely looks like there are going to be storms in a few days time just without the "subscribe for detailed reports" part.

The we know more than the bureau with their millions of dollars of equipment and decades of training, cause we subscribe to a few webpages. 

HSC go very quiet when they get it wrong. I only follow for the photos. 

The OP was a bit general with their post tho, seemed to be questioning it themselves and seeking further information. 

• Like 1

Also nothing against Rac but most of their posts in the past have been bullshit or asking questions that had already been asked and discussed at length many times previously. So when I see a whole new thread created by them, about a subject like this. I'm instantly critical because I have never seen any evidence to say otherwise.

• joz locked this topic