Arkham Asylum Facade work

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I realise nothing here is 'ground breaking

MW tried to be ground breaking with Doomsday Destroyer and when I was at MW on the weekend it was the only walk on ride.  Either DD has great operations or people aren’t riding it. 

In my opinion a gyro has become a great staple ride and would’ve been a better option.

MW doesn't always need to be ground breaking, MW just have to be good at what they do.

I think even an updated/modern version of a Wipeout could be a good option for MW and has a small relatively small footprint 

DWs version is hardly functional and surely on its last legs, they can hardly claim “you copied us” when theirs operates at a 60% max capacity and break down daily. 

46 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Who is going to make it?

I’m not going to pretend to be overly knowledgable about what ride developers have what in their stable. I know Verkoma made WO but I’m sure another manufacturer would or could have something similar albeit not an exact replication 

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Who is going to make it?

I’d love to see a Huss top spin, I’ve only ridden one myself (and it’s commonly agreed upon that it’s the best top spin out there) but I found it a lot more enjoyable than Wipeout - even though they don’t have the lateral movement Wipeout has they are a lot less controlled and hence more intense - even though it would look similar to Wipeout, I reckon a Huss would provide a different enough ride experience to make it a great addition for MW, especially if they give it a great theme like some other top spins have.

• Like 1

I think, regardless of the issues with Wipeout, a Topspin wouldn't be a good choice for MW - simply because of the similarities a topspin would have to Wipeout... the ride system is too similar. it'd be like MW installing a Maurer Skyloop 450 (Buzzsaw is a Skyloop 150). Sure, its different.... but is it different enough?

It just gives rise to the arguments of "why bother going to X when Y have the same thing?" (and yes, i acknowledge that argument cuts both ways)

Something different to their competitors is an easy win 'never before seen' 'only X in the southern hemisphere\country\state\gold coast!'...

• Like 1

I think a well-themed Wave Swinger would complement the area perfectly and give the area the energy it seems to lack. Something similar to the Gotham City Crime Wave rides they have in some of the Six Flags parks over in the US. 

It would also be cool to see a unique flat ride, the ABC Rides Tourbillion would fit really well, and although I don't believe it is the most amazing 'experience' as a flat ride, I think it would certainly satisfy the GP by proving a 'Holy shit, that looks insane' flat ride that the Gold Coast seems lack (other than maybe the Giant Drop or Wipeout).

• Like 1

Huss Top Spins are incredible, but probably not necessary with the public, not many would realise they're different to the Vekoma rides. In saying that, the 2 that I rode last year in Europe were incredible, and i'm not just saying that because I love Huss.

I know Movie World execs came and looked at the Beast when it debuted at Melbourne Show, but also would be another pointless idea seeing as Claw is down the road.

49 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

THIS is the ride for MW

As much as i'd love to see something like that come to one of our GC parks, its not what i'd like to see them do right now. The park is very heavy on the high thrill market - and while Doomsday promised to fill the void and meet the middle ground, sadly its a bit too much for low end thrill seekers. Simply the fact that it goes upside down is enough to drive people away.

Excluding WB Kids, the primary MW lineup consists of:

• Coaster
  • Coaster
  • Dark trackless shooter
  • Shot tower
  • Coaster
  • Coaster
  • Family Coaster (with 120cm height restriction riding solo)
  • Water Flume
  • Inverting 'pirate ship' style ride.

Where is the middle ground? A family coaster that the whole family can't ride? A water flume? (great for winter!), a shot tower? (except those with vertigo or fear of heights).... what you're left with is JL3d. *yawn.

Acquiring the variety of flats they have is the one thing that dreamworld have done well. I'm not making any claims about how well they operate or maintain them, but they acquired them well.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Let's not forget Movie World is a theme park, not a fairground.

Oh that's news to me, please go on.

27 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Also it's a Movie theme park, and I can't see how any of the above fairground rides are connected to a movie. Let alone a Warner Bros Movie.

Please list your rides at MW that are movies?

Edited by Skeeta

On 10/02/2019 at 5:15 PM, pushbutton said:

Just looks pointless to me so far!

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Let's not forget Movie World is a theme park, not a fairground. 

Also it's a Movie theme park, and I can't see how any of the above fairground rides are connected to a movie. Let alone a Warner Bros Movie. 

Surfers Paradise is a much better location for rides like those above.

Will you make up your mind? The park makes effort to improve the theming in a precinct - you say its pointless.

Theres an old adage that applies here - never show a fool an incomplete job.

44 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Oh that's news to me, please go on.

Please list your rides at MW that are movies?

I have a prediction that he will reference the VR animation on Arkham, and possibly JL3D as being 'connected to a movie'. Likewise, he will not associate GL, DCR, SE with 'movies'.

And the only reason i'll be wrong is because i've said it before he replied.

If you're going to put a flat ride into MW in Lethal courtyard you're best off with something pretty small. Something like a breakdance but less of a tripping hazard to load is about right.

Really though, how long does AA have left? 10 years? Maybe? In that case I'd leave that part of the park as is until AA goes and the whole area comes up for redevelopment. In the meantime a redone kids area, new Stunt Show and smaller additions would probably see the park through pretty good. Theres also the flat ride pad in the middle of Superman's heilex to consider.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Skeeta said:

MW tried to be ground breaking with Doomsday Destroyer and when I was at MW on the weekend it was the only walk on ride.  Either DD has great operations or people aren’t riding it. 

In my opinion a gyro has become a great staple ride and would’ve been a better option.

MW doesn't always need to be ground breaking, MW just have to be good at what they do.

Doomsday and great operations should not be used in the same sentence...Just saying

• Like 1

Haha fair enough. I hought it looked mighty impressive and would fit well, thematically speaking. No idea the actual ride experience was passe.

Without question MW needs to attend to the ageing kiddie area and utilise the rest of the Looney Building, even if for just an indoor section of the land with a handful of flats that are fun for both Kids and Adults alike. It wouldn't be too hard to look at what is working well at the Abu Dhabi Park and bring some of that here.

The other obvious area for some love is the Stunt Show arena. If MW wish to continue with a Stunt Show then bring back the Police Academy with a similar show format, that was hugely popular for years and years - just a modernised and more impressive show.

Trouble is the Operating cost of such a show is huge. Not to mention the Insurance implications for the Performers. The scaled back shit shows we have today at both MW and SW are a sign of the times unfortunately. Don't know if that low standard will change.

12 hours ago, westical said:

Trackless?

My bad. Dark Shooter.

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Doomsday and great operations should not be used in the same sentence...Just saying

I think that was the point - nobody is riding it.

The whole area of Doomsday is good - but for someone unfamiliar with the precinct - finding the entrance is. fucking. painful.

3 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

bring back the Police Academy

Much as I love the series, and the show, I don't think PASS is appropriate to modern audiences. Hell - a lot of stunt shows are falling out of favor.

Unfortunately, the quality of show at VRTP has croaked.

• Richard changed the title to Arkham Asylum Facade work