Arkham Asylum Facade work

Probably because an experienced theme park CEO wouldn’t want to go near Ardent/DW knowing the lack of investment/resources, the negative public perception and the mountain in front in terms of timeframe to begin to move forwards. They’d rather keep their rep in tact that be associated with a disfunction parent company who invariable control his/her ability to do the job right. 

• Like 4

100% agree, the theming in the driving school is half decent, although we have wild west, the likes of bermuda triangle and the Looney ride were wicked. I remember going on the triangle for the first time when It was near new, was the best ride most people I knew had been on

• Like 3

Storm coaster just doesn't do it justice, I for one love a good 5 minute ride. The build up in the opening area when there were 60 people in the room or so on, then onto the deck that spun. Was amazing. Whichever theme park does this again will have my vote, coasters are cool, I was in Japan a year ago, and even jurassic ride was nothing compared to bermuda. Obviously Disneyland is up there. But we need more rides like we used to have. It seems cheap and nasty what we have now even though it's not bit more theming is what I love to see. Interaction is key for me, personal opinion.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 8:22 AM, MickeyD said:

[snip]

The other obvious area for some love is the Stunt Show arena. If MW wish to continue with a Stunt Show then bring back the Police Academy with a similar show format, that was hugely popular for years and years - just a modernised and more impressive show.

Trouble is the Operating cost of such a show is huge. Not to mention the Insurance implications for the Performers. The scaled back shit shows we have today at both MW and SW are a sign of the times unfortunately. Don't know if that low standard will change.

To get it back on topic, how about an Arkham Breakout themed Stunt Show in the area being renovated in this thread? A bit bigger in size than what we have seen on Main Street near City Hall, but not as big as PASS/HSD.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pushbutton said:

one of the best I've been on in the world!

Not disputing your opinion here - but you really need to get yourself to some Disney properties... or even some universal ones.

11 hours ago, Glubbo said:

To get it back on topic, how about an Arkham Breakout themed Stunt Show in the area being renovated in this thread? A bit bigger in size than what we have seen on Main Street near City Hall, but not as big as PASS/HSD.

Now that's an idea I can see working in the HWSD arena. Its a lot more current \ timeless than PASS would ever be. The trouble is the stunt performers are so much more expensive than panel beaters...

The one thing about the special effects attractions is that many special effects tend to need controlled circumstances - I feel like you'd need to enclose the arena to make that work - and that's probably a bit too far, considering Showstage and LTRR sheds are available.

I've said it before - but I would love to see a USH special effects show put into showstage. I realise they've utilised it for Aquaman at the moment, but its so much more suited to a SFX style show.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Where did the joker's funhouse graffiti go?

G.C.C.C. cleaned it up. 😀

"Graffiti is a crime that affects us all. It can lower property values, make people feel unsafe, reduce business patronage and encourage other types of crime.

Most graffiti occurs on exposed walls and fences and is usually in the form of messages in letters or images, written in spray paint, permanent marker or even etched into the surface with a sharp instrument. Graffiti vandals have no respect for private or community property and no regard for the negative impacts of their actions.

Their aim is to impress their peers and strengthen their reputations, by putting their graffiti tags in as many places as possible.

Graffiti that is left intact attracts more graffiti and the longer it remains, the greater the gratification for perpetrators. It also suggests that the community does not care or is unable to deal with the problem.

Keeping business premises graffiti free helps to reinforce a professional image with customers, while keeping our neighbourhoods graffiti free reinforces pride in our city and helps to maintain feelings of safety and well-being.

You can help us to stay on top of graffiti vandalism by taking measures to prevent it, and if it does occur, by making sure it is cleaned as quickly as possible.

City of Gold Coast supports a range of programs aimed at preventing graffiti - such as encouraging property owners to be more aware, working with retailers of paint products and working with police and other government agencies on crime prevention and education".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Arkham Asylum Facade work