Arkham Asylum Facade work

On 14/06/2019 at 5:14 PM, themagician said:

and it smokes

I was going to come on and make a joke about needing it to move to the designated smoking area, but the park's FAQ seems a little more lenient:

Queensland's anti-smoking laws prohibit smoking within four metres of any entrance to a building or in children's play areas. We recommend the use of the designated smoking areas.

My read - you can smoke 'anywhere' within the park, but you need to be the minimum distances from the places excluded by law. Wow, that's an eye opener!

27 minutes ago, Ash said:

When did they bam smoking in Disney parks? I was at Disneyland and Disneysea last year and there was still designated smoking areas. Mind you they are in secluded rooms with big exhaust fans. So not open to the public eye

The American parks did it as of May 1st - smokers need to go outside the bag-check fences to smoke - so the entire precincts are smoke free.

The new policy, which does not apply to Disney parks in France, China and Japan, was greeted with widespread praise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/business/disney-smoking-ban.html

They also banned oversized strollers, and loose or dry ice (although they will supply ice from their outlets to people who ask) too - there are now painted boxes on the ground for people to size up their stroller to ensure it fits their new requirements

Disneyland-Resort-Rules-Update-on-Smokin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

My read - you can smoke 'anywhere' within the park, but you need to be the minimum distances from the places excluded by law. Wow, that's an eye opener!

If somebody walked around the park they would be pulled up very quickly.   I have no problem with theme parks having designated smoking areas. 

6 hours ago, Ash said:

When did they bam smoking in Disney parks? I was at Disneyland and Disneysea last year and there was still designated smoking areas. Mind you they are in secluded rooms with big exhaust fans. So not open to the public eye

At Disneyland Paris in 2013 they had designated zones, but that didn't put off the vapers from doing it outdoors & in the queues. None of them were pulled up for it either, but maybe that's changed too. 🤞

• Richard changed the title to Arkham Asylum Facade work

When smoking was first banned in shopping centres there were signs all over most centres saying so. 

I rarely see them now, because everyone knows you can't smoke in a shopping centre now, so the signs are no longer necessary. 

Could be the same with theme parks. 

47 minutes ago, John Deere said:

Strange, I don't think Arkham has much time left...

It better. It's the best themed ride in Australia at the moment.