Ride Express at Dreamworld.

• 1 year later...

Ride Express has returned in a new form (no tiers or app) along with Slide Express (seperate purchase).

$99.95 Unlimited
$49.95 5 Rides
$19.95 1 Ride

RIDE OR SLIDE EXPRESS

Reduce your time in line and make new memories on your favourite rides and slides! Throughout peak periods, enjoy a reduced wait time with Ride Express at Dreamworld and Slide Express at WhiteWater World. 

You can buy your Ride or Slide Express online or in-park at one of the following outlets: 

• Ride Express Store
  • Slide Express Counter – located at Beyond the Beach retail outlet WhiteWater World

Select one of the session times below and enjoy an express experience on 5 available rides or slides listed: 

• 10:30am – 4:30pm (Unlimited!)
  • 10:30am – 12pm
  • 12pm – 1:30pm
  • 1:30pm – 3pm
  • 3pm – 4:30pm

You can also choose to enjoy Ride or Slide Express on 1 attraction.

Ride Express at Dreamworld

Fit more thrills in your day with Ride Express and enjoy priority queueing on 5 of the following rides within the session time purchased:

• Sky Voyager
  • Vintage Car Adventure
  • Playschool Wheel
  • Big Red Boat
  • Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride
  • Skadoosh Bumper Cars
  • Gingy’s Gliders
  • Puss in Boots Sword Swing
  • Ogre-Go-Round
  • Dronkey Flyers
  • Escape From Madagascar
  • Tailspin
  • Shockwave
  • The Claw
Slide Express at WhiteWater World

Fit more slides in your day with Slide Express and enjoy priority queueing on 5 of the following slides within the session time purchased: 

• Fully 6
  • Super Tubes Hydrocoaster
  • The Green Room
  • The Wedgie
  • The BRO
  • The Rip
  • Triple Vortex
  • Temple of Huey
  • The Little Rippers

•  
Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That’s a ridiculously stupid comparison.

How so?

I understand currency is a factor but even still I feel that an unlimited pass for Universal is better value than one for Dreamworld or Movie World especially since its a pass that can be used by park hoppers at either Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.

10 hours ago, Park Fan said:

How so?

I understand currency is a factor but even still I feel that an unlimited pass for Universal is better value than one for Dreamworld or Movie World especially since its a pass that can be used by park hoppers at either Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.

Because you are talking about a completely different operating environment.

the economy is different, the cost of standard admission is different, the mix of one day admissions vs annual passes is different, the currency/exchange is different, the visitation numbers are different. 

it’s the equivalent of walking into a restaurant in darling harbour and saying “why is this steak $48 when I can get one at Denny’s in downtown LA for $11”. 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

it’s the equivalent of walking into a restaurant in darling harbour and saying “why is this steak $48 when I can get one at Denny’s in downtown LA for $11”. 

It's more like walking into a standard woolworths tavern and saying 'Why is the steak $50 when at a legit steakhouse in New York it's $25?

• Like 3

seems to me if your from out of town or after just the one day visit then the behind scenes star tours at MW is probably best bang for ya buck $299, that includes park entry plus behind the scenes plus vip seating and fast track on selected rides what rides it does not say but considering fast track is $199 and then you need to buy park entry to one day $79 total $278 for just fast pass. 

Not sure on DW for $99 I think with the line up they have at the moment I'd pass and just line up, 

and for the price at MW I'd pass and just line up too. 

Does anyone know if the Star Tour is suitable for kids? My youngest is 6 years old but considering the express ride entry is $199 and park entry on top of that, it may be worth doing the Star Tour for $299 as you get entry, lunch, photos, fast track and a few other things... but does work out expensive as we have a bigger than usual family :(

53 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It must have changed, but I could have sworn when Star Tour was initially released, it didn't include park entry?

It was $299 excluding entry and $350 with it, when Arkham Climb was removed it was made $299 including.

11 minutes ago, ThemeParks4Life said:

Does anyone know if the Star Tour is suitable for kids? My youngest is 6 years old but considering the express ride entry is $199 and park entry on top of that, it may be worth doing the Star Tour for $299 as you get entry, lunch, photos, fast track and a few other things... but does work out expensive as we have a bigger than usual family :(

I think so, although obviously it involves an earlier start. Some of the more park history stuff may seem dull to a younger crowd but walking through Scooby and Behind the Scenes of HWSD would be big winners.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

It was $299 excluding entry and $350 with it, when Arkham Climb was removed it was made $299 including.

59 minutes ago, themagician said:

Nope, that’s another up charge 

See, I find that frustrating. They offer a cheaper price for passholders to do something. Then they water down the product, and offer a 'discount' which doesn't actually amount to a discount if you're already a passholder because they don't offer the package 'without admission' like they used to.

Most "vip" theme park experiences i've done or researched around the world have specifically noted 'does not include park entry' or 'a valid park entry ticket is required to participate in this experience' etc. etc.

One of the biggest selling points for the star tour was the behind the scenes unique experiences you couldn't do any other way - scooby walk and coaster climb.

I mean, heck - since Arkham is just sitting there anyway, if there is anyway that they could make it safe for guests, why not do the climb? why not allow guests into the envelope for a unique photo opportunity amongst the track? Or up close with the dark knight statue?

My god these people are idiots.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I mean, heck - since Arkham is just sitting there anyway, if there is anyway that they could make it safe for guests, why not do the climb? why not allow guests into the envelope for a unique photo opportunity amongst the track? Or up close with the dark knight statue?

Because it would create a negative guest experience for non enthusiasts touring an attraction they can no longer ride.

• Like 3

Non enthusiasts enjoy bridge climb because it's in the middle of the iconic Sydney Harbour.

Q1 Climb, Brisbane Bridge climb etc, all picturesque. 

It would just be awkward I'm sorry to say....."aww why did you close down this ride I liked it?"  "uhhhh is it safe for us to be on here if you've had to shut it down?"....."Awww why are you charging us passholders to climb it instead of spending money to fix it or build a new ride". How do you address these questions when they inevitably pop up on social media?

I thought Parkz was against half arsed attractions? But it turns out a climb of a now closed, 3rd tallest coaster is a good idea because the hours are marginally more convenient 🙄 

You just haven't thought this through in more than a superficial manner, I'm sorry to say.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

You're certainly entitled to disagree with me. Doesn't prove either of us is wrong.

The climb was part of a unique experience you couldn't do anywhere else. Nothing has changed about that except that the ride has been decommissioned. I personally don't see why they can't still offer the climb on Rivals instead, but since that apparently has higher safety requirements that Arkham didn't it was obviously too hard to do.

As for being asked the awkward questions, Village has never shied away from upcharging things and deflecting the questions with the usual copypasta PR speak answers. Why change now?

As for "Parkz" being against half arsed attractions - we're not a collective hive-mind and entitled to have differing opinions. (Proven here by me not agreeing with you).

I personally don't like half arsed attractions (but that hasn't stopped the GC parks in the past), but it wasn't considered a half arsed attraction when the ride operated - and almost nothing has changed now, except the ride doesn't operate anymore (and given it didn't operate while you climbed it - there'd be no difference to climbing it today except maybe a missing lift chain).

There are plenty of people (arguably most of them not 'enthusiasts') on social media who continue to discuss Arkham \ Lethal and how much they liked it. You could probably make a bit of coin marketing the climb "climb the Arkham Asylum tower one final time before it's gone for good!" - just look at how many people on social media decried the announcement that wipeout, towerr of terror, arkham, vikings, bermuda, etc etc closed down with virtually no warning and all the people that were hoping to get on it one last time. Adding on a 'ground-level' experience, letting people inside the envelope for a unique picture you couldn't take during operations isn't a terrible idea either. Plenty of non enthusiast folk have fond memories of certain rides as their first, or the place where they met their spouse, or the place they proposed etc etc.

There's a market out there. And not doing it solely because you can't PR spin your way out of a few questions that some people might think to be awkward suggests you probably couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag and therefore probably shouldn't be in business.

Just because it isn't your bag, that doesn't mean others wouldn't go for it, nor does it prove this is no more than a superficial concept. It is my opinion, I am entitled to it, and you are entitled to disagree. I'm happy to agree to disagree and leave if there if you like, but i'm not backing down from my opinion simply because someone holds a different view.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As for being asked the awkward questions, Village has never shied away from upcharging things and deflecting the questions with the usual copypasta PR speak answers. Why change now?

Come on you're being disingenuous.

There's a difference between upcharging if something is available to normal guests (Eg upcharging for fast track if you can still ride for free, or charging for the tour of scooby if you can still ride the coaster, or UTT if you can still do haloween mazes and sit in the normal non vip seating or buy your own food)

This is very different to suddenly closing a coaster to the public, then having the nerve to charge people to climb it "BeCauSE iTs a UniQuE ExpERiencE".....I think a lot of guests would find that especially galling.

Yes people were upset about wipeout etc, but that's because they wanted to ride the thing, not walk around the base. I think you're misunderstanding guest wants if you're interpreting then wanting a final actual ride, with an expensive climb around it / photo taking.

No doubt there is some "coin" to be made but it's not always worth devaluing your brand to do so.

Walking around on the top of Vikings Revenge and through the troughs would be a unique experience not available anywhere else too..... but you know what, tours of attractions that have been decommissioned for long periods is just an awful foamy enthusiast idea.

Edited by Gazza