Ride Express at Dreamworld.

8 minutes ago, Gazza said:

This is very different to suddenly closing a coaster to the public, then having the nerve to charge people to climb it "BeCauSE iTs a UniQuE ExpERiencE".....I think a lot of guests would find that especially galling.

But this isn't a case of "we closed it, now we can charge people" its a case of "we did it all the time when it was open - whats the difference with doing it now that it's closed? its still an experience that people were willing to pay for before".

I find your use of alternating caps insulting, implying mockery of my own words thrown back as an insult by using that format. I don't mind the spirited debate but when i'm chipped on this forum for not exercising a certain level of decorum and respect, openly mocking my opinion is extraordinarily disrespectful.

Open it up to a full ride tour. See Arkham before it's gone like you've never seen it before. Check out the control booth, the ride envelope, hell take the fences away from the queue theming and allow people to take photos up close with them. Seems like an appropriate up charge experience considering in the past we've had the opportunity to do essentially the same with Superman Escape and Justice League. 

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

But this isn't a case of "we closed it, now we can charge people" its a case of "we did it all the time when it was open - whats the difference with doing it now that it's closed? its still an experience that people were willing to pay for before".

I find your use of alternating caps insulting, implying mockery of my own words thrown back as an insult by using that format. I don't mind the spirited debate but when i'm chipped on this forum for not exercising a certain level of decorum and respect, openly mocking my opinion is extraordinarily disrespectful.

Come on, you've spoken like that to other members way more often than I have, there's a reason we have to follow with a pooper scoop. Don't have a glass jaw.

It's different because once the attraction closes it changes the nature of it.

Offer all or nothing basically. 

There might have been a window for this as a part of a "farewell tour" type thing if the thing was still operating and was due to close in the near future, basically in the weeks or days around the closure, and even potentially a broader back of house tour for passholders for a few days.

But it's been SBNO for such a long time now that reactivating the zombie would be cheap stunt, in my honest opinion, and the goodwill that would give licence to something like this disappeared with the unannounced closure.

On 09/04/2021 at 2:21 PM, Gazza said:

Come on, you've spoken like that to other members way more often than I have, there's a reason we have to follow with a pooper scoop. Don't have a glass jaw.

That is so fucking hypocritical. You want to lift the standards on the forum, but its ok to treat people like dog-shit if they've gotten things wrong. You guys foster an environment where its ok to do that but then slam anyone else who follows your example.

The difference is if I cross the line, I wear the penalty - whereas if you do.... its perfectly fine.

There might have been a window for this as a part of a "farewell tour" type thing if the thing was still operating and was due to close in the near future, basically in the weeks or days around the closure, and even potentially a broader back of house tour for passholders for a few days.

The issue is they fucked around trying to fix it for so long that this 'window' never occurred. They've only started confirming it in the past few months.

But it's been SBNO for such a long time now that reactivating the zombie would be cheap stunt, in my honest opinion

As I've already said - i'm quite happy to agree that you and I have a different opinion, and neither of us have to agree with the other person's point of view - but if we're going to continue having double-standard nastiness when i've tried to be reasonable and diplomatic - i'm quite happy to turn over an old leaf.

• 7 months later...