Wet 'n' Wild GC Maintenance 2019

themagician

4 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

I don't understand why Mach V went, nothing wrong with those slides. Hope they replace them with new slides soon

A bird shit on the stairs so they decided the cost vs benefit equation didn’t provide a strong enough case to deploy a $12 an hour cleaner with a $2 bucket and $1 sponge for 45 seconds... CLOSE IT DOWN! 

Did some research and it provided to be very hard to find. The slides were from a defunct water park, which closed in Brazil in around 2006. Couldn’t find when the slides originally opened, but I’d guess they would be up to 20 years old. 

I’m sure someone on these forums will have a greater knowledge about this 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, StingRay said:

This fills my heart with a lack of confidence. SBNO for how long now?.

Jetstreams operated for the last time mid October 2017 and Sidewinders wrapped up on 1 January 2018 (scheduled, however some say it was slightly before then). The shade sail was removed around February 2018.

However both attractions were only officially retired nearly a year later.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Was funny they were promoting Black Hole on social media yesterday despite it being indefinitely closed...

Unless they deleted it 

These were the last posts on WNW’s social media accounts

78284D62-8AD7-49D5-A191-3BAB23A5667E.thumb.png.b3bc2f5be46965a6ac083b8fb1a4af35.png

244A8E43-CF57-4ADB-8F0C-24948B6607FE.thumb.png.308470f86d17fc647fcab5dff8dcf93f.png0720A4E9-6C13-468F-9DD3-E7B174577CFB.thumb.png.0d6cbefd4eb7a62d43196f5de5f0f5fe.png

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

^ it was actually once kind of fun when the spas were covered over and the thing operated like a Spinner ride.

I only got to ride it once (years ago) and remember every Winter it became the boring Spas we see today. One Spring the Whirlpool ride never came back. Anyone know why they stopped it? Something to do with safety issues or too expensive to maintain?