Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

themagician

7 hours ago, joz said:

Clearly it's not down to change stickers, and surely hot wheel was paying Dreamworld to sponsor a ride not Dreamworld paying for the hot wheel logo. So yeah if its closed for something else, fair enough to spruce it up for when it reopens. I forgot until I saw that pic though how ugly the multi coloured train is

Yeah... I actually liked the look of the Cyclone's trains too (when they were new) and the old Corkscrew, much better than what we have now.

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I don’t get the point of reporting this

Neither do I. Dreamworld's maintenance page changes more than their underwear.

11 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

From the past, this can go on for months.

Which is how we end up with megathreads that span a year.

11 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

I would say it’s worth reporting on.

I would disagree, but I won't clog the thread up further... i'll ask the question elsewhere.

On 16/02/2019 at 4:00 PM, Jdude95 said:

I guess they finished installing the evac ladders on the side of it.

Been pushed back to the 22nd now.

Also, TOT has got maintenance scheduled.

22/07/2019 - 23/09/2019

The train has been pushed back until 01/05/19 as well.

MDMC has been changed to 04/03/2019 - 18/03/2019

Dreamworld has had trouble dealing with the rides manufacturer to get a fix on a certain part.

If a modification on the ride has to be made by someone else then it takes much much longer to design and make and Dreamworld need to get the modification approved by multiple external parties which is a long very costly  process as well.. 

Edited by Archer

• 2 weeks later...

It is disrespectful to visitors of DW when they write a review on Google Review or TripAdvisor that they always give a cut and paste response. 

It they genuinely cared about their customers feedback they would give genuine responses.

The one below I have read over 25 times, only the name changes.

Dreamworld_Australia, Guest Relations Manager at Dreamworld, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi , 

Thanks for your feedback. We understand your frustration when your favourite rides are not available. Outside of peak periods, it is common to have some rides down as we perform mandatory annual maintenance. We try to rotate this ongoing maintenance program throughout the Park so only some attractions of our 40 rides and slides are down at any given time. We recommend you visit the ride maintenance schedule on our website prior to visiting to avoid disappointment: https://www.dreamworld.com.au/en/park-info/maintenance Hopefully we will see you at our park again soon for a more positive experience.

NB History has shown DW maintenance page is never accurate.

Show less

1 hour ago, Max Egan said:

Now that Wipeout is gone, how about upgrade Tower Of Terror with a new system 

Wipeout is going so they don’t have to keep investing money into a ailing decades old attraction. 

I somehow doubt they’ll be rediverting funds that they weren’t wanting to spend to another ailing decades old attraction 

23 minutes ago, Max Egan said:

I actually can't see Tower of Terror going, if so I reckon they will replace it with all new track, all new ride system , new train etc. 

I'm sure many of us would want a full renovation of TOT. But Dreamworld have said it themselves, they aren't prepared to spend the money on that.

Also, yep. Definitely agree TOT is next on the chopping block. If they plan on removing the ride, Giant Drop will go with it. If they plan on abandoning it, Giant Drop will most likely stay.

Edited by Baconjack

2 hours ago, Evie said:

TOT is the next to go.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Correct 

Well seeing as you guys were 100% spot on with the Wipeout this is sad to see.

Any idea the time frame? Even though it's super unreliable there's a lot of nostalgia there. Rode it a few hundred times over the years with my dad before he passed.

Was wondering how soon I should make the trip to ride it before its gone. 

1 hour ago, Max Egan said:

I actually can't see Tower of Terror going, if so I reckon they will replace it with all new track, all new ride system , new train etc. 

Zero % chance of that occurring. They are not going to drop $15m+ just to replace an old ride with a more modern version of the exact same thing. 

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

I'm sure many of us would want a full renovation of TOT. But Dreamworld have said it themselves, they aren't prepared to spend the money on that.

Also, yep. Definitely agree TOT is next on the chopping block. If they plan on removing the ride, Giant Drop will go with it. If they plan on abandoning it, Giant Drop will most likely stay.

Dreamworld had the option in 2009 to opt-in to the same overhaul Six Flags received at the cost of roughly a million bucks. Dreamworld didn't go for it, which has resulted in massive headaches in the last 24 months. Go figure.

• Like 1