Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

themagician

12 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Alex please can you just try and not be a dictator on this forum 24/7. Not every tiny detail needs it’s own thread.

Who is dictating? I was just agreeing with you...

On 15/01/2019 at 7:11 PM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

I made the same topic and it got locked because it’s a megethread?

(also, it's pretty clear by the fact I missed the latest 'fun with Dylan' that i'm not here 24/7).

Side note - can someone tell me when all the kids go back to school? (#cantwait)

12 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Not every tiny detail needs it’s own thread.

You're right! @Richard did cover this in his post on Parkz Policies. I've underlined it, but i've copied the whole post in case you're incapable of visiting that thread to read it for yourself.

There is a growing trend towards mega-threads relating to parks which we want to address to try and curb.

Threads should wherever possible be devoted to a single project/topic/debate/discussion. All-encompassing threads like "<Theme Park Name> Updates" really become unmanageable after a while. Ideally we'll like to see the current crop of these threads slowly become replaced.

Though it's a fairly easy way to share thoughts, content or information, they're really not a useful way to function long-term and makes it really hard for anyone who doesn't follow the forums on a regular basis, which is the vast majority of the Parkz audience.

Threads will always veer off-course from time to time. This is fine. If it veers too much off the original topic we'll split it off into its own thread.

As a really simple set of guidelines:

1. Don't be afraid to start a new topic.
  2. Don't chastise others for starting a new topic... if it's a duplicate just let us know.
  3. If it hasn't been talked about before and isn't related to what's already being discussed it should be in its own topic, even if it's a fairly minor thing.
  4. Tag the new topic with the park's name and anything else relevant, which gives great sorting/filtering abilities.
  5. If it's really minor, or just a funny observation or side comment then sure, post it in an existing topic relating to that park/ride/etc. The Off-Topic Topic is also a good place for it and we'll keep this topic going for this purpose.
  6. Don't start an open-ended or vague topic like "<Theme Park Name> Updates".
  7. When construction ends on a project, and you wish to share a review, thoughts etc., start a new topic for this purpose.

At the end of the day, even if it's a somewhat boring topic ("Sea World replacing a foot bridge!"), it makes more sense to have it off in a thread of its own that only gets a few posts, rather than mixed in with half a dozen other concurrent topics in one mega-thread.

Dylan has done you a big favour - by comparison, you're a saint. Don't bring the spotlight back onto you by whining about something that's actually stated by the site owner clearly in the forum policies. That's a surefire way to piss people off.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, joz said:

Clearly it's not down to change stickers, and surely hot wheel was paying Dreamworld to sponsor a ride not Dreamworld

Bang for your buck I say.  Sponsor a ride at DW that is closed for 6 months.

Considering all these rides had major heath check-ups not long and the DW's AAA engineering team the rides are down a lot.