Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

themagician

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

So surely the fact that TOT has once again opened for the school holidays its safe to assume its cost cutting for sure?

Or maybe they’ve been doing minor works in the lead up to the hols in order to get it open over the holiday period and potentially close it for bigger maintenance after the holidays? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Why does DW think it's ok to have the green room, hydrocoaster, rip and wedgie closed all at once. Really buggers me off.

It was three degrees this morning. It's winter. By all accounts from people, the park is dead. The tower needs maintenance. The rides need maintenance.

What really buggers me off is clueless individuals that stomp their feet and throw a tantrum because what they want isn't available NOW, and it must have been done just to annoy them personally.

I suppose you'd prefer them to close it in December-January?

• Like 1

Just be glad we're lucky enough to live in the Gold Coast, where waterparks can be open all year round. 

That's just not possible in literally most parts of the world! 

So what if some of the slides are undergoing maintenance during the quiet period? All the slides that are open have little or no queue.

It's awesome! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StingRay said:

So much cheaper to close a tower during the winter period. Also makes it easier to perform fiberglass repairs and fix joint issues up. Sure be annoyed that both water parks are somewhat closed. But it's much safer to do so now instead of during peak period thats for sure.

STOP

MAKING

SENSE!

13 hours ago, AlexB said:

It was three degrees this morning. It's winter. By all accounts from people, the park is dead. The tower needs maintenance. The rides need maintenance.

What really buggers me off is clueless individuals that stomp their feet and throw a tantrum because what they want isn't available NOW, and it must have been done just to annoy them personally.

I suppose you'd prefer them to close it in December-January?

Don't you ever speak to someone like that again. How dare you.