Sign in to follow this  
themagician

Chinese New Year Celebrations at Movie World 2019

8 posts in this topic

*yawn* - no doubt the red paper lanterns will make an appearance too.

I realise it's expensive, and TBH its impressive the park themes up for CNY at all - but I saw the thread title, and I immediately conjured an exact image of what this would look like. I do wish they'd change it up just a bit each year (besides the obvious "year of the..." changes.)

Agreed. I wish they would do evening celebrations (another nighttime event). Take the concept of Carnivale, but Chinese twist. Food stalls, street dancers, etc. Would be an awesome atmosphere, and rather than the fairy lights, just a tonne of the lanterns 

• Like 2

Love this @themagician!

Even just the food - like what Disney do with their food and wine festivals and sell tickets for say 25 for $25 and offer stops around the place selling snack samplers for visitor's to dine around Asia. Things like dumplings, baos, banh-mi, noodle boxes, spring rolls etc in exchange for say around 5 tickets each. Get outside vendor's in for the occasion like what they have done with Carnivale and throw in some live traditional enteetainment and could be a really great event!

The idea would be awesome at night, but even if they didn’t want to do it for whatever reason. Even just stuff like that during the day. Turn the Ricks courtyard, of one of the grassed areas on Main Street, into a Chinese market, full of food stalls, and have entertainment up and down the street throughout the day. Just to mix things up a little. Clark said they always want to have something going on at MW, and yes a few decorations is something, but it could be so much more 

• Like 2

image.png.0b7a7deb19a837f71f5fb111250a73d4.png

I am pretty certain most of the lanterns (and the stone lions) came from the lethal chinatown originally - its probably fair to say that if it never existed, we'd never have seen them do anything for the period. It was always just a case of 'hey, we've got this shit lying around, we could put it out there and look like we're embracing culture!

• Like 2