Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

I am not sure but could this be linked to the incident at Adventuredome were a women fell out of the vehicle on their El loco coaster.

The adventuredome incident occurred on March 25th. For GL to be open until April 4, it can't be connected.

Plus, the woman who fell out was apparently a double amputee - which may have had something to do with her coming out of the restraints...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

double amputee

Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa said he could not specify whether the woman was missing her legs or arms, but he confirmed on Thursday that she had lost her limbs before the fall.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

The adventuredome incident occurred on March 25th. For GL to be open until April 4, it can't be connected.

737 Max took weeks after the second accident to shut it down completely.

I wouldn't connect a link until you see other similar coasters going down. 

Pretty certain rapids operators shut down within 24 hours of TRRR incident. You could forgive it if it occurred over the weekend for government regulators to wait until monday, but March 25th was 9 business days prior to the GL closure. Its a stretch at best, unless they've discovered a flaw during the investigation... but given the amputee status, i'm thinking perhaps the restraint was ineffective due to the missing limbs.

Edited by AlexB

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

But GL was scheduled for 22/7. Now it says 4/5. Where does it say "a few weeks" ?

Doesn't sound like it was scheduled to me...

It was. They changed the dates - similarly to what DreamWorld did with various rides (extend the maintenance, but remove the original maintenance period so it doesn't seem like it's down forever). 

1. The Arkham train rebuild has nothing to do with prolonging it’s life and therefore “can only be done so many times”. It’s the required maintenance/safety process. The whole train is dismantled, tested, reassembled with new components. 

2. I have never once since opening day used a locker at GL. Not saying others haven’t been forced to, but I’d say the policy has been very inconsistent more likely. 

3. GL has definitely been closed since the Vegas incident. It was maybe closed before that so I’m not saying it was closed as a result of Vegas but it’s definiyekh be closed this whole time. 

4 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

It was. They changed the dates - similarly to what DreamWorld did with various rides (extend the maintenance, but remove the original maintenance period so it doesn't seem like it's down forever). 

Did they change the dates before or after it was closed?

doesnt sound “scheduled” to me...

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

1. The Arkham train rebuild has nothing to do with prolonging it’s life and therefore “can only be done so many times”. It’s the required maintenance/safety process. The whole train is dismantled, tested, reassembled with new components. 

I think the “axle carrier” comment was referring to GL not AA.

The lockers were enforced for the first 2-3 months of Green Lanterns operations, it used to confuse guests as they could see the loose items boxes on the platform but were made to put them in the lockers. I think it was around Feb / March when they changed it. This was also when they were trialing running 6 cars on the track (and lets just say, the ride did NOT like that one bit) and it didn't make the capacity of the ride any better, just resulted in people sitting on the brake run for ages.

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic